Please visit us at one of these upcoming events
- Date October 23
- Time 2:00 – 2:30 EDT
- Event Hamilton Read Along – TickTock Banneker’s Clock
- LocationRegister Here
- Description As part of The Gilder Lehrman Institute of American History’s online history school program, Hamilton team member Ashley Brook Monroe will read TickTock: Banneker’s Clock by Shana Keller.
- Date October 24
- Time 3:30 – 5:00 CDT
- Event Reading at The Strategic Air Command & Aerospace Museum
- Location28210 West Park Hwy, Ashland, NE 68003
- Description Former astronaut Clayton Anderson will participate in a hybrid (in-person and live-streamed) event to promote his new book, Letters from Space, at The Strategic Air Command & Aerospace Museum. The event will feature a live reading, with a Q&A to follow.
- Date October 31
- Time 12:00 – 1:00 EDT
- Event Mother Ghost Read Along with Prince George’s County Memorial Library System
- LocationYouTube Livestream
- Description Rachel Kolar shares stories from her collection of classic nursery rhymes turned on their heads that will give readers the chills—and a serious case of belly laughs. With clever rhyme and spooky illustrations, Mother Ghost is perfect for getting in the Halloween spirit. Boo! We will also have a few short crafts!
- Date Beginning May 4
- Event Truth and Honor, a Sneak Peak
- Location Gerald R. Ford Presidential Museum’s DeVos Learning Center website
- Description In anticipation of the soon to be released children’s book, “Truth and Honor: The President Ford Story,” the Gerald R. Ford Presidential Foundation is releasing an exclusive virtual storytelling experience through the eyes of award-winning children’s book author and illustrator Matt Faulkner. The virtual experiences will begin being available on May 4 through the Gerald R. Ford Presidential Museum’s DeVos Learning Center website, devoslearningcenter.org. In advance of the book being released, Faulkner joins Clare Shubert, Gerald R. Ford Presidential Foundation’s director of engagement and programming, for “Truth and Honor, a Sneak Peak,” a five-part virtual look into the world of illustration and the process he used for some of the story’s notable illustrations. These mini online segments take a look at President Ford in his childhood and collegiate years, as well as his years serving the military, Congress and as the nation’s 38th president.