Please visit us at one of these upcoming events
- Date March 9th
- Time 11:00 am PST/ 2:00 pm EST
- EventGreen Bean Books Virtual Event for Headstrong Hallie!: The Story of Hallie Morse Daggett, the First Female “Fire Guard”
- Description Green Bean Books will host a virtual reading with illustrator David Hohn to celebrate the release of Headstrong Hallie!: The Story of Hallie Morse Daggett, the First Female “Fire Guard”!
- Date March 13th
- Time 3:00 pm EST
- EventBooks of Wonder Virtual Launch for Don’t Call Me Fuzzybutt!
- Description Books of Wonder will host the virtual launch for Don’t Call Me Fuzzybutt! by Robin Newman on Saturday, March 13th at 3pm EST via Crowdcast! Celebrate the release of this amazing picture book with Robin as she reads aloud and answers questions from the audience during the live feed!
- Date March 18th
- Time 4:00 pm EST
- EventFree Webinar for Librarians: Being Heard During Covid-19
- Description In this free webinar for librarians, we will explore methods for sharpening the language around your programs and services so they appeal to the needs and desires of your stakeholders. Once again, the webinar will be facilitated by none other than Kristin Fontichiaro, Clinical Associate Professor at the University of Michigan School of Information. All registrants will be automatically entered into a giveaway!
- Date March 20th
- Time 2:00 pm CST
- Event Parnassus Books Virtual Launch for Let’s Pop, Pop, Popcorn!
- LocationFacebook Live
- Description Join author Cynthia Schumerth and illustrator Mary Reaves Uhles as they celebrate the launch of their upcoming title, Let’s Pop, Pop, Popcorn! with Parnassus Books!
- Date Beginning May 4
- Event Truth and Honor, a Sneak Peak
- Location Gerald R. Ford Presidential Museum’s DeVos Learning Center website
- Description In anticipation of the soon to be released children’s book, “Truth and Honor: The President Ford Story,” the Gerald R. Ford Presidential Foundation is releasing an exclusive virtual storytelling experience through the eyes of award-winning children’s book author and illustrator Matt Faulkner. The virtual experiences will begin being available on May 4 through the Gerald R. Ford Presidential Museum’s DeVos Learning Center website, devoslearningcenter.org. In advance of the book being released, Faulkner joins Clare Shubert, Gerald R. Ford Presidential Foundation’s director of engagement and programming, for “Truth and Honor, a Sneak Peak,” a five-part virtual look into the world of illustration and the process he used for some of the story’s notable illustrations. These mini online segments take a look at President Ford in his childhood and collegiate years, as well as his years serving the military, Congress and as the nation’s 38th president.