Mink Creek, ID
- Digger and Daisy Go Camping
- Marty's Mission
- The Wild World of Buck Bray: The Wolves of Slough Creek
- Hu Wan and the Sleeping Dragon
- The Wild World of Buck Bray: Danger at the Dinosaur Stomping Grounds
- The Wild World of Buck Bray: The Missing Grizzly Cubs
- Digger et Daisy vont au zoo (Digger and Daisy Go to the Zoo)
- Digger et Daisy vont en pique-nique (Digger and Daisy Go on a Picnic)
- Digger et Daisy vont au docteur (Digger and Daisy Go to the Doctor)
- Digger et Daisy vont en ville (Digger and Daisy Go to the City)
Judy Young remembers writing a poem for her grandmother when she was about ten. Her grandmother encouraged her to keep writing, and Judy did! Judy is the author of over two dozen children’s picture books and novels, including, Promise, The Wild World of Buck Bray series and the Digger and Daisy series. Judy’s books are used extensively in the public schools and have received numerous awards and honors. One of her most cherished is hearing LeVar Burton read A Pet for Miss Wright for Reading Rainbow Storytime Video to celebrate National Reading Month. Another, was watching as R is for Rhyme, A Poetry Alphabet was performed by the University of Utah’s Creative Dance Program.
Judy received her MA in Speech and Language Pathology from the University of Tulsa and formerly worked in the public schools for 20 years. Now, a frequent speaker at schools, children’s lit fests and professional educational conferences nationwide, Judy’s firsthand experience in the schools makes her programs not only entertaining, but directly related to school curriculum.
Judy resides in the mountains near Mink Creek, Idaho, with her husband, Ross, a professional artist, who illustrated two of Judy’s books. In her spare time, Judy enjoys hiking, fishing, snowshoeing, and gallivanting around the country in “Arlo,” the Young’s traveling studio. Read more about Judy, her books and author visits to schools at www.judyyoungpoetry.com.