Mae the Mayfly
by Denise Brennan-Nelson
When Mae the mayfly first hatches she learns she'll have just a day to enjoy the world. But soon a hungry trout has her racing for cover! As she peeks from her hiding spot and notices some of nature's most beautiful sights, she realizes she must live in the moment and experience everything the--sometimes scary--world has to offer. This tender story reminds us all--young and old--to be present and mindful in all we do.
- Dewey: [E]
- Graphics: Full-color illustrations
- Hardcover (9781534110519): 40 pages, 11 (w) x 9 (h), © 2020, 03/15/2020
- PDF (9781534166745): 40 pages, 11 (w) x 9 (h), © 2020, 03/15/2020
- Hosted ebook (9781534166882): 40 pages, 11 (w) x 9 (h), © 2020, 03/15/2020
- Subject: Language Arts, Natural Sciences
- Suggested Interest Level: Age 5 - Age 8
- Suggested Reading Level: Grade 2
- Lexile® Measure: 730
- Guided Reading Level: L
- JUVENILE FICTION / Science & Nature / General (JUV029000)
- JUVENILE FICTION / Animals / Insects, Spiders, etc. (JUV002140)
- JUVENILE FICTION / Social Themes / Emotions & Feelings (JUV039050)
No reviews found.
Author: Denise Brennan-Nelson
Denise Brennan-Nelson has written a number of books for children, including Tallulah: Mermaid of the Great Lakes, Leopold the Lion, Someday Is Not a Day of the Week, My Momma Likes to Say, and the popular Willow series. As a national speaker, Denise encourages adults and children to tap into their imaginations to create richer, fuller lives. She travels the country, sharing her reading and writing enthusiasm with schoolchildren and teachers. Denise lives in Howell, Michigan with her husband, Bob. She strives to spend each day teaching and learning with a creative spirit. Find out more about Denise at www.denisebrennannelson.com.
Illustrator: Florence Weiser
Florence is a French illustrator currently based in rainy but so nice Belgium. While growing up in Luxembourg, she never planned to become a teacher or an astronaut or a comedian, but always knew she wanted to draw and draw more. She now lives and work surrounded by nature, where she gathers most of her inspiration.