Little Foal's Busy Day
When his mother takes him outside for the first time, Little Foal experiences the wonder of the world around him. He runs, he plays, and he makes new friends. And at the end of his busy day, it's time to head back to the barn for bedtime.
- Dewey: [E]
- Graphics: Full-color illustrations
- Boardbook (9781534110687): 18 pages, 6 (w) x 6 (h), © 2019, 09/15/2019
- PDF (9781534158696): 18 pages, 6 (w) x 6 (h), © 2019, 09/15/2019
- Hosted ebook (9781534158719): 18 pages, 6 (w) x 6 (h), © 2019, 09/15/2019
- Subject: Language Arts
- JUVENILE FICTION / Animals / General (JUV002000)
- JUVENILE FICTION / Animals / Horses (JUV002130)
- JUVENILE FICTION / Animals / Baby Animals (JUV002370)
Kirkus Reviews - Little Foal's Busy Day
Reviewed on 15 December 2019
Follow a sleek black foal frolicking through an idyllic day. Starring a long-legged, curious foal with a white star on its forehead that ensures recognizability even when it’s amid a crowd, this board book is clearly made by and for horse fanciers. Within sweeping, lush pastoral scenes, the foal wakes up next to its dam, gallops about, views other horses and animals, and returns to the barn to rest.
Illustrator: Jane Monroe Donovan
Jane Monroe Donovan's parents encouraged her to follow her heart and it led to her love of sketching and painting. Her affection for animals is reflected in much of her subject matter. Jane makes her home in Pinckney, Michigan, with her husband and their two sons, along with a menagerie of pets. Jane is the author and illustrator of Winter's Gift.