Good Night, Library
by Denise Brennan-Nelson and Marco Bucci
Even the library has to sleep! This calming bedtime story says good night to the library and all the fun it holds--from books and story time to computers and comics. A charming ode to everyone's favorite community space and a perfect good night for budding book lovers.
- Dewey: [E]
- Graphics: Full-color illustrations
- Hardcover (9781585364060): 32 pages, 9 (w) x 11 (h), © 2019, 03/15/2019
- PDF (9781534138445): 32 pages, 9 (w) x 11 (h), © 2019, 03/15/2019
- Hosted ebook (9781534138582): 32 pages, 9 (w) x 11 (h), © 2019, 03/15/2019
- Subject: Language Arts
- Suggested Interest Level: Age 0-4 - Age 7
- Suggested Reading Level: Grade 1
- Lexile® Measure: 300
- Guided Reading Level: J
- Accelerated Reader® Quiz: Pending
- JUVENILE FICTION / Poetry (see also Stories in Verse) (JUV070000)
- JUVENILE FICTION / Bedtime & Dreams (JUV010000)
- JUVENILE FICTION / Books & Libraries (JUV047000)
Kirkus Reviews - Good Night, Library
Reviewed on 15 January 2019
The litany of items the text wishes good night includes poetry and prose, plots, puppet stages, computers, carpet squares, fairy tales, characters, filing cart, and more. This being a fairly modern library, they also bid good night to board games and comic books…The librarian, a white woman, wears her hair in a bun but otherwise looks pretty darn hip; she wears a droopy gray sweater, black jeans, and pumps.
Author: Denise Brennan-Nelson
Denise Brennan-Nelson has written a number of books for children, including Tallulah: Mermaid of the Great Lakes, Leopold the Lion, Someday Is Not a Day of the Week, My Momma Likes to Say, and the popular Willow series. As a national speaker, Denise encourages adults and children to tap into their imaginations to create richer, fuller lives. She travels the country, sharing her reading and writing enthusiasm with schoolchildren and teachers. Denise lives in Howell, Michigan with her husband, Bob. She strives to spend each day teaching and learning with a creative spirit. Find out more about Denise at www.denisebrennannelson.com.
Author: Marco Bucci
Marco Bucci recognized two things at a young age. The first was that he wanted to become a professional artist. The second was that he couldn't draw. This delayed him for quite some time. He filled that time pursuing other artistic interests such as music and writing. But the urge to draw never left him. At age nineteen he began to study classical drawing, which led him to kindle a love for painting and illustration. He hasn't looked back since. Marco lives with his wife and cat in the tiny town of Claremont, Canada.
- Item count: 0
- Subtotal: $0.00
- Author/Illustrator biography