Ollie on Stage
by Keith Brockett
When Ollie the ogre sees a flyer for the local talent show, he feels the bright lights of the stage call to him. He just knows he'll win first place! Only, he's not too sure what exactly his talent is. With some help from his friends, Ollie learns to work with his strengths (which happen to be his strength!) rather than against them and finds that the best way to shine is to be yourself.
- Dewey: [E]
- Graphics: Full-color illustrations
- Hardcover (9781585364015): 32 pages, 10 (w) x 10 (h), © 2019, 03/15/2019
- PDF (9781534138438): 32 pages, 10 (w) x 10 (h), © 2019, 03/15/2019
- Hosted ebook (9781534138575): 32 pages, 10 (w) x 10 (h), © 2019, 03/15/2019
- Subject: Language Arts
- Suggested Interest Level: Age 5 - Age 8
- Suggested Reading Level: Grade 1
- Lexile® Measure: 690
- Guided Reading Level: K
- Accelerated Reader® Quiz: Pending
- JUVENILE FICTION / Monsters (JUV052000)
- JUVENILE FICTION / Performing Arts / General (JUV031000)
- JUVENILE FICTION / Social Themes / Friendship (JUV039060)
Kirkus Reviews - Ollie on Stage
Reviewed on 15 January 2019
A slapstick celebration of the process of discovering and honoring what makes us and our friends unique.
Author: Keith Brockett
Keith Brockett danced professionally for more than twenty years. He also appeared as a singer and actor from time to time, in musical theater productions, plays, choral concerts and theme park stage shows. Developing these various talents was a real challenge for Keith, and some funny, farcical and frustrating situations frequently arose as he strove to become an ever-better performer. At times he felt just like poor Ollie the Ogre did – clumsy and cloddish - but nevertheless, doggedly determined! Keith lives in New York, New York.
Illustrator: Ashley King
Ashley King is a passionate illustrator who hand draws, paints, creates, doodles, and scribbles. He has a degree in Illustration and Animation, and lives in Warwickshire, UK.
- Item count: 0
- Subtotal: $0.00
- Author/Illustrator biography