A is for Astronaut: Blasting Through the Alphabet
by Clayton Anderson
Winner! 2019 Nebraska Book Award
Retired astronaut Clayton Anderson takes readers on an A to Z flight through the alphabet from astronaut and blastoff to spacewalk and Zulu Time. Topics cover the history of NASA, science, and practical aspects of being an astronaut using fun poems for each letter paired with longer expository text in the sidebars. Perfect for science buffs, budding astronauts, and astronomy lovers of all ages.
- Dewey: 629.45
- Graphics: Full-color illustrations
- Hardcover (9781585363964): 32 pages, 11 (w) x 9 (h), © 2018, 03/15/2018
- PDF (9781534123007): 32 pages, 11 (w) x 9 (h), © 2018, 03/15/2018
- Hosted ebook (9781534123175): 32 pages, 11 (w) x 9 (h), © 2018, 03/15/2018
- Subject: Language Arts, Science & Technology
- Suggested Interest Level: Age 6 - Age 9
- Suggested Reading Level: Grade 3
- Lexile® Measure: 1060
- Guided Reading Level: T
- Accelerated Reader® Quiz: Pending
- JUVENILE NONFICTION / Concepts / Alphabet (JNF013010)
- JUVENILE NONFICTION / Science & Nature / Astronomy (JNF051040)
- JUVENILE NONFICTION / Technology / Aeronautics, Astronautics & Space Science (JNF051010)
- Nebraska Book Award, Winner, 2019
No reviews found.
Author: Clayton Anderson
Clayton Anderson, a retired astronaut, once spent 152 days aboard the International Space Station. He is now a public speaker and author. This is his first children’s picture book. He lives in League City, Texas—just south of Houston on the Gulf of Mexico.
Illustrator: Scott Brundage
An illustrator and character designer, Scott Brundage lives in New York City. As a child, his parents rightly decided he was far too indoorsy for his own health, and encouraged him to try various hobbies. When T-ball’s rules confused him and judo required too much coordination, he found his love for drawing cartoons at a local art class. Scott has sketched and painted ever since, eventually attending the University of the Arts in Philadelphia. As a freelancer, his work has been recognized by American Illustration, SILA, and the Society of Illustrators. His illustrations have been featured in the New York Times, the Wall Street Journal, Scientific American, the Washington Post, and other publications. His clients include Tor Books, AARP, CBS, and Showtime. He also illustrated A is for Astronaut: Blasting Through the Alphabet. His work can be found at www.scottbrundage.com.
Narrator: Michael Gillick
- Item count: 0
- Subtotal: $0.00
- Informative sidebars