by Jennifer Sattler
One curious birdie playing in a mud puddle leads to four new friends, all getting into trouble. Toddlers learn to count from 1 to 5 with Dirty Birdies, where birds of all feathers get down and dirty and then all clean again. A new board book series by artist Jennifer Sattler.
- Dewey: [E]
- Graphics: Full-color illustrations
- Boardbook (9781585363896): 22 pages, 7 (w) x 5 (h), © 2018, 02/15/2018
- PDF (9781534122888): 22 pages, 7 (w) x 5 (h), © 2018, 02/15/2018
- Hosted ebook (9781534123052): 22 pages, 7 (w) x 5 (h), © 2018, 02/15/2018
- Subject: Language Arts
- Suggested Interest Level: Age 0-4 - Age 5
- Suggested Reading Level: Preschool
- Accelerated Reader® Quiz: Pending
- JUVENILE FICTION / Animals / Birds (JUV002040)
- JUVENILE FICTION / Concepts / General (JUV009000)
- JUVENILE FICTION / Concepts / Counting & Numbers (JUV009030)
Publishers Weekly - Dirty Birdies
Reviewed on 1 February 2018
Part counting book, part tribute to messy good times, Sattler’s exuberant board book introduces five goofy-looking, none-too-clean birds. A long-legged, polka-dotted bird can’t resist a muddy puddle; it then heads indoors where a tiny green duck is going wild with purple paint (“1 dirty birdie meets 1 painting birdie”). More birds arrive, they get cleaned up (after a communal bath, they’re dried off by industrial fans that leave them fluffier than ever), but all five are soon right back in the mud. Closing questions for readers encourage additional counting (“How many blue dirty birdies are there?”), emphasizing the concepts that underlie this giggly tale. Simultaneously available: Jungle Gym. Up to age 5.
Author, Illustrator: Jennifer Sattler
Jennifer Sattler is the award-winning author and illustrator of numerous picture books including the Chick ’n’ Pug series and Pig Kahuna. She lives in Saratoga Springs, New York.
- Item count: 0
- Subtotal: $0.00