by Courtney Sheinmel
Zack Cooley is a genie. Yes, you read that right: He is a genie. He found out on his tenth birthday, and life hasn't been the same since. Life has been AMAZING! It doesn't matter if Zack's twin sister, Quinn, is the one with all the friends at school. Zack is the one with all the magic--plus, he has new friends in genie school, which he secretly attends twice a week. But Quinn is having some strange symptoms, and it looks like Zack may have to share genie-status with his sister. Faster than Zack can say "UNFAIR," Quinn is kidnapped by evil genie Linx and whisked away to the Thirteenth Parallel, where time is unending and genie powers are useless. Zack has been learning a lot in genie school, but do he and his new friends have the skills to save his sister?
- Graphics: 1-color illustrations
- Hardcover (9781585369362): 272 pages, 5.5 (w) x 7.5 (h), © 2017, 08/15/2017
- Paperback (9781585369379): 272 pages, 5.5 (w) x 7.5 (h), © 2017, 08/15/2017
- PDF (9781534103054): 272 pages, 5.5 (w) x 7.5 (h), © 2017, 08/15/2017
- Hosted ebook (9781534103207): 272 pages, 5.5 (w) x 7.5 (h), © 2017, 08/15/2017
- Subject: Language Arts
- Series: Zacktastic
- Suggested Interest Level: Age 7 - Age 9
- Suggested Reading Level: Grade 3
- Lexile® Measure: 610
- Guided Reading Level: Q
- Accelerated Reader® Quiz: Pending
- JUVENILE FICTION / Action & Adventure / General (JUV001000)
- JUVENILE FICTION / Social Themes / Friendship (JUV039060)
- JUVENILE FICTION / Fantasy & Magic (JUV037000)
No reviews found.
Author: Courtney Sheinmel
Courtney Sheinmel is a recovering attorney, chocolate-lover, mac and cheese expert, and the author of over a dozen highly celebrated books for kids and teens, including the young readers’ Stella Batts series, the middle grade Kindness Club series, and the young adult novel, Edgewater. In addition to writing, Courtney served as a judge on the national level for the Scholastic Art and Writing Awards, and she received a National Scholastic Outstanding Educator Award for her work as a writing instructor at Writopia Lab, a non-profit organization serving kids ages 8 to 18. Courtney lives in New York City. You can find her on Twitter at @courtneywrites, on Instagram at courtneysheinmel, or on her website at www.courtneysheinmel.com.
Illustrator: Jennifer A. Bell
Jennifer A. Bell is a children's book and greeting card illustrator, and studied at the Columbus College of Art and Design. After several years of living in Minneapolis, she recently relocated to Toronto.
- Item count: 0
- Subtotal: $0.00
- Author/Illustrator biography