A Symphony of Cowbells
by Heather Preusser
Petra just loves spring in Gimmelwald. Each season she and her family lead their prize dairy cows into the pastures to graze and each cow wears her own jingling, jangling, clanging bell. What a symphony! But when Petra's favorite cow, Elfi, loses her bell the whole herd is out of harmony and refuses to move. Will Petra be able to find Elfi's bell before it's too late? With charming illustrations, this whimsical story is sure to delight children and adults alike.
- Dewey: [E]
- Graphics: Full-color illustrations
- Hardcover (9781585369683): 32 pages, 10 (w) x 10 (h), © 2017, 03/15/2017
- PDF (9781634724074): 32 pages, 10 (w) x 10 (h), © 2017, 03/15/2017
- Hosted ebook (9781634724371): 32 pages, 10 (w) x 10 (h), © 2017, 03/15/2017
- Subject: Language Arts
- Suggested Interest Level: Age 5 - Age 8
- Suggested Reading Level: Grade 2
- Lexile® Measure: 590
- Guided Reading Level: L
- JUVENILE FICTION / Humorous Stories (JUV019000)
- JUVENILE FICTION / Lifestyles / Farm & Ranch Life (JUV025000)
- JUVENILE FICTION / Animals / Cows (JUV002310)
No reviews found.
Author: Heather Preusser
Heather Preusser is originally from Portland, Maine, far, far away from Gimmelwald, Switzerland. Her sister-in-law’s adventures on a Swiss dairy farm inspired Elfi’s story. Heather Preusser earned a BA in English and art history from Williams College, an MA in education from the University of Colorado, and an MFA in creative writing from the University of Southern Maine. She is currently working on several picture books and novels for young readers. When not writing, Heather teaches high school English, bikes the European countryside, and attempts to learn ridiculously long German words. She and her husband reside in Colorado.
This is her debut picture book.
Illustrator: Eileen Ryan Ewen
Illustrator Eileen Ryan Ewen was born into a family of artists who fostered her love of story- telling through pictures. She earned a BFA in Painting from Miami University (Ohio) and an MFA in Creative writing from the University of Missouri-St. Louis. She is also the illustrator of Miss Colfax’s Light (SBP, releasing March 2016). She lives in St. Louis with her family.
- Item count: 0
- Subtotal: $0.00
- Author/Illustrator biography