Memoirs of a Parrot
by Devin Scillian
Join a brilliant, but stubborn, parrot as he endures the banality of the pet store before being purchased by an equally insufferable young man. But while things between parrot and owner get off to a rocky start, the delights of having a pet (or human) bring them both around in the end. From author Devin Scillian and illustrator Tim Bowers of the Memoirs series, this is sure to please fans new and old.
- Dewey: [E]
- Graphics: Full-color illustrations
- Hardcover (9781585369621): 32 pages, 11 (w) x 9 (h), © 2016, 05/01/2016
- PDF (9781634709248): 32 pages, 11 (w) x 9 (h), © 2016, 05/01/2016
- Hosted ebook (9781634709262): 32 pages, 11 (w) x 9 (h), © 2016, 05/01/2016
- Subject: Language Arts
- Suggested Interest Level: Age 5 - Age 8
- Suggested Reading Level: Grade 3
- Lexile® Measure: 340
- Guided Reading Level: M
- ATOS Reading Level: 2.4
- ATOS Interest Level: LG
- Accelerated Reader® Quiz: 186267
- Accelerated Reader® Points: 0.5
- JUVENILE FICTION / Animals / Birds (JUV002040)
- JUVENILE FICTION / Social Themes / Friendship (JUV039060)
- JUVENILE FICTION / Humorous Stories (JUV019000)
- 2018 Magnolia Book Awards - PreK-2 Category, Short-listed, 2018
- The Chickadee Award - Maine Children's Choice, Winner, 2018
- 2017 Storytelling World Award - Honors for Stories for Young Listeners Category, 2017
- 2017 Great Lakes Book Award - Michigan Reading Association, Winner, 2017
- 2017-2018 Florida Reading Association Children's Books Award Nominee
No reviews found.
Author: Devin Scillian
Devin Scillian is an award-winning author, broadcast journalist, and musician. He presently anchors the news for WDIV-TV in Detroit. He has traveled the world covering news stories from Sydney to Siberia. His school presentations have inspired countless children to think of themselves as not only readers, but writers as well.
In addition to Memoirs of a Goldfish, Memoirs of a Hamster, Memoirs of an Elf, and Memoirs of a Parrot, Devin is also the author of numerous books for Sleeping Bear Press including the national bestseller A is for America: An American Alphabet. Devin lives in Michigan with his family. Find out more about Devin at www.devinscillian.com.
Illustrator: Tim Bowers
Even at a young age, Tim Bowers’s artwork reflected a strong sense of humor and an interest in animals. Prior to illustrating children’s books, Tim worked as an artist for Hallmark Cards, where he helped launch the popular Shoebox Greetings card line. His first children’s book, The Toy Circus, was published in 1986. He now has illustrated more than 25 children’s books and garnered various awards including the Chicago Public Library’s “Best of the Best” list and several Junior Library Guild selections. Tim’s artwork has been included in the Society of Illustrators Annual Art Exhibition and the S.I. Humor Exhibition, as well as featured in children’s magazines, used on a wide variety of products, and appeared on hundreds of greeting cards. Original paintings from several books are in private and institutional collections across the country. Tim lives with his family in Granville, Ohio, and travels to schools and libraries to share his work with students.
- Item count: 0
- Subtotal: $0.00
- Author/Illustrator biography