Love from a Star
by Katherine Cutchin Gazzetta
In a tender story told in verse, a shining star reminds a little bear and his best bunny friend that they are loved, never alone and are always under God’s loving care.
Accompanied by delicate watercolor paintings by author/illustrator Katherine Cutchin Gazetta, the reassuring text reminds readers and listeners that all is well, making Love from a Star a comfort at bedtime or other difficult times in a child’s life.
- Dewey: [E]
- Graphics: Full-color illustrations
- Hardcover (9781585369508): 32 pages, 10 (w) x 7.5 (h), © 2015, 07/01/2015
- PDF (9781634704595): 32 pages, 10 (w) x 7.5 (h), © 2015, 07/01/2015
- Hosted ebook (9781634704601): 32 pages, 10 (w) x 7.5 (h), © 2015, 07/01/2015
- Subject: Language Arts
- JUVENILE FICTION / Stories in Verse (see also Poetry) (JUV057000)
- JUVENILE FICTION / Religious / Christian / Bedtime & Dreams (JUV033060)
- IBPA Benjamin Franklin Award - Gold Winner, Winner, 2014
- Mom's Choice Award Gold - Children's Picture Books: Bedtime Stories, Winner, 2014
- National Indie Excellence Awards - Picture Books, All Ages, Winner, 2014
- Purple Dragonfly Book Award - 1st Place Picture Books 5 & Younger, Winner, 2014
Donovan's Literary Services - Love from a Star
Reviewed on 8 September 2015
Katherine Cutchin Gazzetta’s picture book rhyming story Love From a Star (9781585369508, $14.99) will appeal to a wide age range and provides a simple, warm, religious account as it tells of a shining star that reminds a bear and a bunny that they are loved and never alone, because God loves them. Watercolor paintings by the author accompany a tale about how and why a star watches over these gentle friends. The overall feel is warm and comfortable, offering little ones a sense of security and snuggly safety. Parents who want to instill a feeling of security in their children will find Love From a Star the perfect read-aloud choice.
Midwest Book Review - Love from a Star
Reviewed on 1 January 2014
“Love From a Star” is a beautiful, delicately illustrated book of verse that tells a reassuring story to all children. Using the light of a special star, God’s love shines down on each child and teddy bear at night to remind him he is never alone and never without love. The cuddly teddy bear, his precious stuffed rabbit, and secret little green frog friend dance and charm their way through this charming bedtime story. The pastel water color illustrations present an effect of wistful warmth and charm, with playful flourishes, always lapped in the secret of God’s endless, watchful love, shone down in a star. A special gift from Frog is enclosed in the book, a tiny envelope of glow in the dark stars to decorate a child’s ceiling or bedroom. The quiet cadences of the rhyming narrative are a soothing prayer for the child’s protection. “Love From a Star” is a special gift of security, certainty, and love to young children everywhere."
Author, Illustrator: Katherine Cutchin Gazzetta
Katherine Cutchin Gazetta wrote and illustrated this book in memory of her brother Henry. This is her first children’s book. Katherine lives in Elkhorn, Nebraska.
- Item count: 0
- Subtotal: $0.00
- Author/Illustrator biography