by Lisa Fiedler and Anya Wallach
With the help of her sister and friend Austin, 12-year-old Anya puts together a kids' summer theater troupe, the Random Farms Kids' Theater, recruiting area kids as actors and crew members for a musical revue. Acting as director, Anya navigates the ups and downs of a showbiz life, including preparing scripts, finding a venue, and handling ticket sales, not to mention calming the actors' insecurities and settling conflicts. It's a lot of responsibility for a 12-year-old but Anya pulls it off. Book 2 opens two days later. Now after a successful first show, Anya turns her attention to the troupe's second show. But trouble rears its head almost immediately when their beloved barn venue is jeopardized. How can they put on a production without a theater? Is the second show doomed before they ever start rehearsal? This series is closely based on the real-life experience of Anya Wallach, who began a summer theater "camp" in her parents' basement when she was just sixteen years old.
- Dewey: [Fic]
- Hardcover (9781585369256): 280 pages, 5.5 (w) x 7.5 (h), © 2015, 09/01/2015
- Paperback (9781585369263): 272 pages, 5.5 (w) x 7.5 (h), © 2015, 09/01/2015
- PDF (9781634704229): 272 pages, 5.5 (w) x 7.5 (h), © 2015, 09/01/2015
- Hosted ebook (9781634704366): 272 pages, 5.5 (w) x 7.5 (h), © 2015, 09/01/2015
- Subject: Language Arts
- Series: Stagestruck
- Suggested Interest Level: Age 9 - Age 11
- Suggested Reading Level: Grade 4
- Lexile® Measure: 820
- Guided Reading Level: W
- ATOS Reading Level: 5.5
- ATOS Interest Level: MG
- Accelerated Reader® Quiz: 181449
- Accelerated Reader® Points: 8.0
- JUVENILE FICTION / Social Themes / Adolescence & Coming of Age (JUV039020)
- JUVENILE FICTION / Social Themes / Friendship (JUV039060)
- JUVENILE FICTION / Performing Arts / Theater & Musicals (JUV031060)
No reviews found.
Author: Lisa Fiedler
Lisa Fiedler is a lifelong fan of musical theater. She saw her first Broadway play at age seven and has been badly belting out show tunes ever since! Her books for children and young adults include the Mouseheart trilogy; Romeo’s Ex: Rosaline’s Story; and Dating Hamlet: Ophelia’s Story. She and her family divide their time between their home in Connecticut and their cottage on the Rhode Island seashore.
Author: Anya Wallach
Anya Wallach is the real-life creator of The Random Farms Kids’ Theater, a not-for-profit organization she started in her parents’ basement when she was a teenager. Today, the Random Farms kids can be regularly seen on Broadway and in film and television. Anya also created the theater’s extensive outreach program, with a focus on bullying prevention. In conjunction with Random Farms, Anya has been featured in The New York Times, FOX News Channel, Teen Kids News, and was recognized by The Huffington Post for her work as a young social entrepreneur. She lives in New York City, running Random Farms full time.
- Item count: 0
- Subtotal: $0.00
- Author/Illustrator biography