Stella Batts None of Your Beeswax
by Courtney Sheinmel
Can you keep a secret? Stella Batts has a lot of secrets to keep these days--there's the secret of what really happened to her little sister's pet fish, and there's the secret school project she's working on with her friend Lucy, and there's the secret on the second floor of her family's candy store. Actually, Stella doesn't know the candy store secret yet, because her dad won't tell her. Even though she's eight years old, and that's old enough to be trusted! Stella hasn't told any of her other secrets all week, and some of her other friends are feeling left out. But that's the problem with being told a secret: You have to keep it!
- Dewey: [Fic]
- Graphics: 1-color illustrations
- Hardcover (9781585368532): 184 pages, 5.5 (w) x 7.5 (h), © 2014, 09/01/2014
- Paperback (9781585368549): 184 pages, 5.5 (w) x 7.5 (h), © 2014, 09/01/2014
- PDF (9781627537766): 184 pages, 5.5 (w) x 7.5 (h), © 2014, 09/01/2014
- Hosted ebook (9781627538022): 184 pages, 5.5 (w) x 7.5 (h), © 2014, 09/01/2014
- Series: Stella Batts
- Suggested Interest Level: Age 6 - Age 8
- Suggested Reading Level: Grade 3
- Lexile® Measure: 570
- Guided Reading Level: M
- ATOS Reading Level: 3.8
- ATOS Interest Level: LG
- Accelerated Reader® Quiz: 170867
- Accelerated Reader® Points: 2.0
- JUVENILE FICTION / Readers / Chapter Books (JUV045000)
- JUVENILE FICTION / Humorous Stories (JUV019000)
- JUVENILE FICTION / General (JUV000000)
No reviews found.
Author: Courtney Sheinmel
Courtney Sheinmel is a recovering attorney, chocolate-lover, mac and cheese expert, and the author of over a dozen highly celebrated books for kids and teens, including the young readers’ Stella Batts series, the middle grade Kindness Club series, and the young adult novel, Edgewater. In addition to writing, Courtney served as a judge on the national level for the Scholastic Art and Writing Awards, and she received a National Scholastic Outstanding Educator Award for her work as a writing instructor at Writopia Lab, a non-profit organization serving kids ages 8 to 18. Courtney lives in New York City. You can find her on Twitter at @courtneywrites, on Instagram at courtneysheinmel, or on her website at www.courtneysheinmel.com.
Illustrator: Jennifer A. Bell
Jennifer A. Bell is a children's book and greeting card illustrator, and studied at the Columbus College of Art and Design. After several years of living in Minneapolis, she recently relocated to Toronto.
- Item count: 0
- Subtotal: $0.00
- Author/Illustrator biography
- Table of contents