H is for Hockey
by Kevin Shea
The great game of hockey is introduced from A to Z using simple language for the youngest reader. Topics include fans, goalie, ice, and jersey. Detailed artwork brings the game's action to these sturdy, boardbook pages.
- Dewey: 796.962
- Graphics: Full-color illustrations
- Boardbook (9781585368914): 28 pages, 5.25 (w) x 7.5 (h), © 2013, 08/01/2013
- PDF (9781627531207): 28 pages, © 2013, 08/01/2013
- Hosted ebook (9781627535793): 28 pages, © 2014, 08/15/2013
- JUVENILE NONFICTION / Sports & Recreation / General (JNF054000)
- JUVENILE NONFICTION / Sports & Recreation / Hockey (JNF054070)
- LANGUAGE ARTS & DISCIPLINES / Alphabets & Writing Systems (LAN001000)
No reviews found.
Author: Kevin Shea
Kevin Shea developed a love for hockey as a toddler growing up in Windsor, Ontario, and today, is one of hockey’s foremost historians. He is a member of the Society for International Hockey Research and sits on the Toronto Maple Leafs’ Historical Committee. Besides teaching hockey history at a Toronto college and writing for the Hockey Hall of Fame, he has written many hockey books. H is For Hockey is his 11th book and his first with Sleeping Bear Press.
Illustrator: Ken Dewar
Ken Dewar graduated from the Alberta College of Art and Design in 1984, and set up shop in Calgary soon after. He has worked as a professional Illustrator for the past 21 years, with numerous advertising and editorial accounts both locally and internationally. Ken’s art is drawn from a deep and honest curiosity about people in general. As he explains in his own words: “Whether it is the whimsical fantasy world of the romantic Victorian era or more serious themes, it is all based on my belief that we are all here to experience humanity. To try and show humanity at its best is my passion; also, to try and be versatile in whatever art you choose has always been my philosophy.”