by Kathy-jo Wargin
State birds, flowers, trees, and animals brought to board book form for the youngest book lovers. Toddlers will delight in these books filled with rhyming riddles framed by brightly painted clues, introducing elements that make each state so special.
- Dewey: 977.6
- Graphics: Full-color illustrations
- Boardbook (9781585361748): 20 pages, 7 (w) x 5 (h), © 2012, 10/06/2011
- PDF (9781410308603): 20 pages, 7 (w) x 5 (h), © 2011, 12/01/2011
- Hosted ebook (9781627535069): 20 pages, © 2014, 08/15/2013
- Series: Little State
- Northeastern Minnesota Book Award (NEMBA) Shortlist Nominee Children's Literature Category, Short-listed, 2012
No reviews found.
Author: Kathy-jo Wargin
Kathy-jo Wargin is the author of more than 45 books and has earned national acclaim through award-winning children's classics such as Michigan's official state book, The Legend of Sleeping Bear, Children's Choice Award winner The Legend of the Loon, The Edmund Fitzgerald: Song of the Bell, and many others. Kathy-jo enjoys writing about nature, folklore, and its effect on all our lives. She is a frequent guest speaker and presenter for associations, school districts, and conferences throughout the country. She lives in Minnetonka, Minnesota.
Illustrator: Helle Urban
Helle Urban, a Parker, Colorado, resident, has been an illustrator for more than 20 years. She earned her Bachelor of Fine Arts in illustration from Art Center College of Design in Pasadena, California. Helle has illustrated numerous children's books, painted portraits of families and was a background artist in the animation industry. Helle's work has also been displayed in numerous galleries.