Frog and Friends
by Eve Bunting
Welcome to Frog and his world. He enjoys nothing better than spending time floating in his pond or visiting with his friends. He appreciates the simpler things in life and would prefer that things stay just the way they are - nice and peaceful. From acclaimed children's writer Eve Bunting comes a new beginning reader series featuring the delightful Frog and his friends Rabbit, Possum, Raccoon, and Squirrel. In the first book Frog is alarmed when he finds a strange object in his pond, he tries to re-gift a scarf, and he makes friends with a runaway hippo. In Party at the Pond Frog is busy with his autumn party, he is overseen dancing around the pond, and he narrowly escapes being turned into a prince. Retro-style artwork by illustrator Josée Masse gives a fresh, distinctive look to this new series.
- Dewey: E
- Graphics: Full-color illustrations
- Hardcover (9781585365487): 40 pages, 6 (w) x 9 (h), © 2011, 07/21/2011
- Paperback (9781585366897): 40 pages, 6 (w) x 9 (h), © 2011, 07/21/2011
- PDF (9781410307934): 40 pages, 6 (w) x 9 (h), © 2011, 08/02/2011
- Hosted ebook (9781627534734): 40 pages, © 2014, 08/15/2013
- Series: I AM A READER!
- Subseries: Frog and Friends
- Suggested Interest Level: Age 6 - Age 7
- Suggested Reading Level: Grade 2
- Lexile® Measure: 480
- Guided Reading Level: K
- ATOS Reading Level: 2.2
- ATOS Interest Level: LG
- Accelerated Reader® Quiz: 146107
- Accelerated Reader® Points: 0.5
- JUVENILE FICTION / Readers / Beginner (JUV043000)
- JUVENILE FICTION / Social Themes / Friendship (JUV039060)
- JUVENILE FICTION / Animals / Frogs & Toads (JUV002120)
- JUVENILE FICTION / Readers / Chapter Books (JUV045000)
- 2014 California Collection List - Elementary, Winner, 2014
- The USA "Best Books" Awards--Children's Book Series Category, Winner, 2011
- Cybil Award Finalist Easy Readers & Early Chapter Book Series, Runner-up, 2011
No reviews found.
Author: Eve Bunting
Eve Bunting was born in a little town in Ireland called Maghera and she was brought up in the tradition of storytelling. Her mother started a library in their house and there were always books available to read. Most were poetry, which Eve loved. She also loved ghost stories and adventure stories; actually stories of all kinds. So she grew up, got married, had three children, and became a storyteller herself.
Now Eve lives in California and writes books that tell stories. She has written a lot of books, more than 250, and hopes to write many more. Because storytelling is what she does. And what she loves to do.
Illustrator: Josée Masse
Josée Masse's children's books include "Mirror, Mirror" (selected as one of Publishers Weekly's Best Children's Books of 2010) and "Mousie Love" (included in Bank Street College's Best Children's Books of the Year, 2010).