The Pirate Captain's Daughter
by Eve Bunting
"I always knew my father was a pirate and I always knew I wanted to be one, too." At age fifteen, Catherine's life is about to change. Her mother has just died and Catherine can't stand the thought of being sent to live with her aunt in Boston. She longs for a life of adventure. After she discovers her father's secret life as captain of the pirate ship Reprisal, her only thoughts are to join him on the high seas. Catherine imagines a life of sailing the blue waters of the Caribbean, the wind whipping at her back. She's heard tales of bloodshed and brutality but her father's ship would never be like that. Catherine convinces her father to let her join him, disguised as a boy. But once the Reprisal sets sail, she finds life aboard a pirate ship is not for the faint of heart. If her secret is uncovered, punishment will be swift and brutal.
- Dewey: F
- Hardcover (9781585365265): 208 pages, 5.5 (w) x 8 (h), © 2011, 02/14/2011
- Paperback (9781585365258): 208 pages, 5.5 (w) x 8 (h), © 2011, 02/14/2011
- PDF (9781410307897): 215 pages, 6 (w) x 9 (h), © 2011, 07/06/2011
- Hosted ebook (9781627534642): 208 pages, © 2014, 08/15/2013
- Series: Eve Bunting's Pirate Series
- Suggested Interest Level: Age 12 - Age 16
- ATOS Reading Level: 4.7
- ATOS Interest Level: MG+
- Accelerated Reader® Quiz: 142348
- Accelerated Reader® Points: 5.0
- Pennsylvania Young Reader's Choice Awards List, Short-listed, 2012
- Paterson Prize for Books for Young People--Honor Book, Winner, 2012
- National Parenting Publications Award (NAPPA)--Gold, Winner, 2011
- The USA "Best Books" Awards--Finalist in the Fiction Young Adult Category, Runner-up, 2011
No reviews found.
Author: Eve Bunting
Eve Bunting was born in a little town in Ireland called Maghera and she was brought up in the tradition of storytelling. Her mother started a library in their house and there were always books available to read. Most were poetry, which Eve loved. She also loved ghost stories and adventure stories; actually stories of all kinds. So she grew up, got married, had three children, and became a storyteller herself.
Now Eve lives in California and writes books that tell stories. She has written a lot of books, more than 250, and hopes to write many more. Because storytelling is what she does. And what she loves to do.