What Dogs Want for Christmas
by Kandy Radzinski
Proving that cats don't have the last word when it comes to making Christmas lists, author and artist Kandy Radzinski returns this holiday season with the canine companion book to last year's favorite, What Cats Want for Christmas. Using witty poems and winsome illustrations, What Dogs Want for Christmas lets our four-footed friends speak for themselves. And what does Man's Best Friend have on his holiday list? Ruffus, a dapper Scottie, would love "something with fur... that once went purr..." while the more practical basset hound Daisy complains, "My ears hang down to my feet. Can you fix them so they're short and neat?" Santa is going to need a bigger sleigh to fulfill some of these holiday wishes! After reading What Dogs Want for Christmas, canine lovers of all ages will think twice before buying another chew toy.Kandy Radzinski received her Master of Science in Art from East Texas State University. She taught art at Central Washington State College and the University of Tulsa. Kandy has illustrated children's books, posters, greeting cards, and even a six-foot penguin. Her books with Sleeping Bear Press include What Cats Want for Christmas and I is for Idea: An Inventions Alphabet. Kandy lives in Tulsa, Oklahoma.
- Dewey: E
- Graphics: Full-color illustrations
- Hardcover (9781585363636): 32 pages, 10 (w) x 10 (h), © 2009, 10/30/2008
- PDF (9781627531696): 32 pages, © 2014, 08/15/2013
- Hosted ebook (9781627534147): 32 pages, © 2014, 08/15/2013
- Suggested Interest Level: Age 6 - Age 9
- ATOS Reading Level: 2.5
- ATOS Interest Level: LG
- Accelerated Reader® Quiz: 130171
- Accelerated Reader® Points: 0.5
- JUVENILE FICTION / Holidays & Celebrations / Christmas & Advent (JUV017010)
- JUVENILE FICTION / Animals / Dogs (JUV002070)
- Oklahoma Book Award for Illustration, Winner, 2009
No reviews found.
Author, Illustrator: Kandy Radzinski
Kandy Radzinski received her Masters of Fine Arts from East Texas State University. She taught art at Central Washington State College and the University of Tulsa. Kandy has illustrated children’s books, posters, greeting cards, and even a six-foot penguin. Her art has been described as “quirky realism” and can be seen at www.kandyradzinski.com.
She lives in Tulsa, Oklahoma, with her husband, Mark, her son, Ian, and two Scottie dogs, Mozzie and Kirby. Both Ian and Kandy are second-degree black-belts in Tae Kwon Do.