M is for Melody: A Music Alphabet
by Kathy-jo Wargin
From the oom pah pah of the brass section to the tickle and tease of the keyboard ivories, "M is for Melody" gives a music lesson in alphabet form. Instruments, composers, terms, and even musical styles are examined from A-Z in easy, read-aloud rhymes and expository, accompanied by colorful and engaging artwork. Based on MENC National Standards for Music Education, educators will find this a valuable addition to their classroom material.
- Dewey: 780
- Graphics: Full-color illustrations
- Hardcover (9781585362158): 40 pages, 11 (w) x 10 (h), © 2007, 12/15/2006
- Paperback (9781585363322): 40 pages, 11 (w) x 10 (h), © 2007, 12/15/2006
- PDF (9781627531986): 40 pages, © 2014, 08/15/2013
- Hosted ebook (9781627535229): 40 pages, © 2014, 08/15/2013
- Subject: Language Arts
- Suggested Interest Level: Age 6 - Age 9
- ATOS Reading Level: 5.6
- ATOS Interest Level: MG
- Accelerated Reader® Quiz: 78607
- Accelerated Reader® Points: 1.0
- JUVENILE NONFICTION / Music / General (JNF036000)
- JUVENILE NONFICTION / Concepts / Alphabet (JNF013010)
No reviews found.
Author: Kathy-jo Wargin
Kathy-jo Wargin is the author of more than 45 books and has earned national acclaim through award-winning children's classics such as Michigan's official state book, The Legend of Sleeping Bear, Children's Choice Award winner The Legend of the Loon, The Edmund Fitzgerald: Song of the Bell, and many others. Kathy-jo enjoys writing about nature, folklore, and its effect on all our lives. She is a frequent guest speaker and presenter for associations, school districts, and conferences throughout the country. She lives in Minnetonka, Minnesota.
Illustrator: Katherine Larson
In addition to being an artist, Katherine Larson is also a diva, with extensive experience and recognition as an opera singer. She trained for more than two years in Italy and continues to do local performances and often incorporates music and singing in her school presentations. Katherine lives in Ann Arbor, Michigan.