A isn't for Fox: An Isn't Alphabet
by Wendy Ulmer
Experts know that sometimes the best way to teach a child what something is is to teach him what it isn't. Educator Wendy Ulmer applies that principle in her jaunty, out-of-the-box alphabet A isn't for Fox: An Isn't Alphabet. Running through the alphabet, beginning readers are given a letter and then told what the letter topic isn't. A isn't for box; it isn't for fox. A is for ants that crawl over your socks. Laura Knorr's colorful, engaging artwork perfectly captures the wit and whimsy behind the alphabet that isn't what it seems but is so much more!
- Dewey: 428.1
- Graphics: Full-color illustrations
- Hardcover (9781585363193): 32 pages, 11 (w) x 10 (h), © 2008, 10/01/2007
- PDF (9781627535830): 32 pages, © 2014, 09/01/2013
- Hosted ebook (9781627536172): 32 pages, © 2014, 09/01/2013
- Subject: Language Arts
- Suggested Interest Level: Age 6 - Age 9
- ATOS Reading Level: 2.4
- ATOS Interest Level: LG
- Accelerated Reader® Quiz: 120848
- Accelerated Reader® Points: 0.5
- Virginia Readers' Choice List--Primary Category, Short-listed, 2011
- NYSRA Charlotte Award Suggested Reading List--Primary Category, Short-listed, 2010
- Learning Magazine's Teacher's Choice Awards for Children's Books, Winner, 2009
- Delaware Diamonds Booklist K-2 Category--A Children's Choice List, Short-listed, 2009
- Keystone to Reading Book Award Shortlist, Short-listed, 2009
No reviews found.
Author: Wendy Ulmer
Wendy Ulmer is a former music and English teacher, and currently spends her time writing or running her quilt shop. A lover of language and music, she enjoys making up silly words ands rhymes in her writing for children.
Illustrator: Laura Knorr
Laura Knorr was born and raised in northeastern Pennsylvania and remarks, “I may have left that delightful state but it is home in my heart wherever I may go.”
She graduated with a Bachelor’s of Fine Arts in Illustration from Ringling School of Art and Design in Sarasota, Florida, and has worked as a freelance illustrator for a handful of years. Laura lives in Commerce, GA, with husband Mark, five fabulous kitties and a dog named Charlie.