A is for Algonquin: An Ontario Alphabet
by Lovenia Gorman
The second title in our already popular provincial alphabet series, A is for Algonquin Park: An Ontario Alphabet introduces young readers to all the beauty of this spectacular province. Written with the charm and knowledge of a life long resident, A is for Algonquin Park teaches youngsters of all ages about Ontario's inhabitants, history, flora and fauna, movers and shakers. As with our other two-tiered alphabet books, A is for Algonquin Park answers a variety of questions about one of Canada's most picturesque provinces. Is the longest street in the world really in Ontario? And the world's longest skating rink? What is the Group of Seven? A is for Algonquin Park is Lovenia Gorman's first book. She lives in Toronto, Ontario. Melanie Rose has illustrated six other titles for Sleeping Bear. She lives near Toronto, Ontario.
- Dewey: 971.3
- Graphics: Full-color illustrations
- Hardcover (9781585362639): 40 pages, 11 (w) x 9 (h), © 2006, 08/30/2005
- PDF (9781534125773): 40 pages, 11 (w) x 9 (h), © 2005, 09/01/2017
- Hosted ebook (9781534125858): 40 pages, 11 (w) x 9 (h), © 2005, 09/01/2017
- Subject: Language Arts
- Series: Discover Canada Province by Province
- Suggested Interest Level: Age 6 - Age 8
- ATOS Reading Level: 6.7
- ATOS Interest Level: MG
- Accelerated Reader® Quiz: 105058
- Accelerated Reader® Points: 1.0
- JUVENILE NONFICTION / History / United States / State & Local (JNF025180)
- JUVENILE NONFICTION / People & Places / United States / General (JNF038100)
- JUVENILE NONFICTION / Concepts / Alphabet (JNF013010)
No reviews found.
Author: Lovenia Gorman
Lovenia Gorman was born in Toronto, Ontario, where she resides with her husband, Andrew, their daughter, Alexandra, and Snickers, their dog. Lovenia is an elementary school teacher who works for the Toronto District School Board. A if for Algonquin: An Ontario Alphabet, is the first book she has written. Her experience in the classroom and her knowledge of the Ontario curriculum provided Lovenia with many ideas for her book. When not teaching, Lovenia spends summers operating her children’s art camp and enjoying time with family and friends.
Illustrator: Melanie Rose
Melanie Rose’s charming and lively oil paintings brought Canada vividly to life in Mike Ulmer’s M is for Maple: A Canadian Alphabet. She has also illustrated Z is for Zamboni: A Hockey Alphabet and K is for Kick: A Soccer Alphabet. A graduate of the Ontario College of Art, Melanie lives in Mississauga, Canada, with her son.