Someday Is Not a Day of the Week
by Denise Brennan-Nelson
We've all wished for Someday to get here, and now it is. Follow the tale of the young beaver, Max, and his quest to spend quality time with his parents and family. The tale for the ages and ageless will bring a happy tear of joy and love and a smile to the face of every child who undoubtedly heard the answer "Someday" after having asked "When?" An inspiring read for all of us, Someday finds Max looking for "Someday" on his calendar and realizing if it did exist, it would surely be the busiest day of the week. Don't pass on the chance to share this tale of love and the importance of family. Illustrator Kevin O'Malley and author Denise Brennan-Nelson bring Someday to frolicking life by setting aside their somedays as the days to make a difference. Parents, teachers, family and friends can do the same by picking up the book and let that special little one in their life know that they are more important and every moment together is a gift to be cherished today.
- Dewey: E
- Graphics: Full-color illustrations
- Hardcover (9781585362431): 32 pages, 9 (w) x 9 (h), © 2005, 03/01/2005
- PDF (9781627531467): 32 pages, 9 (w) x 9 (h), © 2014, 08/15/2013
- Hosted ebook (9781627533737): 32 pages, 9 (w) x 9 (h), © 2014, 08/15/2013
- Suggested Interest Level: Age 6 - Age 9
- ATOS Reading Level: 2.9
- ATOS Interest Level: LG
- Accelerated Reader® Quiz: 87504
- Accelerated Reader® Points: 0.5
- JUVENILE FICTION / Social Themes / Emotions & Feelings (JUV039050)
- JUVENILE FICTION / Family / Multigenerational (JUV013030)
- JUVENILE FICTION / Concepts / Alphabet (JUV009010)
- NYSRA Suggested Reading List: Primary & Intermediate, Short-listed, 2008
- Foreword Chldren's Picture Book of the Year Finalist, Runner-up, 2006
- Writer's Notes Book Award Notable, Commended, 2006
- Children's Crown Gallery Award Nominee--a Children's Choice Award, Runner-up, 2006
- Mockingbird Reading List Finalist: Abiline Independent School District Children's Choice K-2, Runner-up, 2006
- Children's Choices (IRA/CBC), Winner, 2006
No reviews found.
Author: Denise Brennan-Nelson
Denise Brennan-Nelson has written a number of books for children, including Tallulah: Mermaid of the Great Lakes, Leopold the Lion, Someday Is Not a Day of the Week, My Momma Likes to Say,and the popular Willow series. As a national speaker, Denise encourages adults and children to tap into their imaginations to create richer, fuller lives. She travels the country, sharing her reading and writing enthusiasm with schoolchildren and teachers. Denise with her family in Howell, Michigan. She strives to spend each day teaching and learning with a creative spirit. Find out more about Denise at www.denisebrennannelson.com.
Illustrator: Kevin O'Malley
Kevin O’Malley is the illustrator of more than 50 books, including Lucky Leaf, Bud, Big Squeak, Little Squeak and Froggy went a-Courtin’. When he’s not drawing, he’s busy learning to be a jazz guitarist, which he says is not going well. Kevin lives in Baltimore, Maryland, with his wife, Dara, and their two boys.