Times Square: A New York Number Book
by Ann E. Burg
A perfect companion to our "E is for Empire: A New York State Alphabet", "Times Square: A New York State Number Book" teaches children about numbers, using state landmarks, historical events, and famous faces; from finger lakes to the stitches on a baseball, readers of all ages will know the number they represent and their ties to New York. There are so many number questions to answer about New York State. Where do the two lions -- Patience and Fortitude -- reside? Can you name the six major Finger Lakes? Can you name the five boroughs of New York City? Ann E. Burg is the author of E is for Empire: A New York State Alphabet. She lives in Albany, New York. Maureen K. Brookfield has illustrated several books including E is for Empire: A New York State Alphabet. She lives in Marshfield, Massachusetts.
- Dewey: 974.7
- Graphics: Full-color illustrations
- Hardcover (9781585361953): 40 pages, 11 (w) x 9 (h), © 2006, 08/01/2005
- PDF (9781627531368): 40 pages, © 2014, 08/15/2013
- Hosted ebook (9781627533621): 40 pages, © 2014, 08/15/2013
- Subject: Geography, Math & Science
- Series: America by the Numbers
- Suggested Interest Level: Age 6 - Age 8
- ATOS Reading Level: 6.9
- ATOS Interest Level: MG
- Accelerated Reader® Quiz: 101493
- Accelerated Reader® Points: 1.0
- JUVENILE NONFICTION / History / United States / State & Local (JNF025180)
- JUVENILE NONFICTION / Concepts / Counting & Numbers (JNF013030)
No reviews found.
Author: Ann E. Burg
Ann Burg was born in New York and spent her happy early childhood years in Brooklyn, where she wrote poetry and read lots of books. When she was eight years old, Ann and her family moved to New Jersey where she continued to read, write and dream. An English teacher for more than 10 years, Ann pursued her interest in writing as a hobby and had several articles published in newspapers throughout New York and New Jersey. With the support of her husband and their cherished daughter and son, Ann decided to leave teaching and pursue her writing career full time. She lives with her family in Albany, New York.
Illustrator: Maureen K. Brookfield
Artist Maureen K. Brookfield lived and studied in the NY/NJ area for many years. She has attended the Parsons School of Design in NY, the Art Center of Northern New Jersey, and has studied with several nationally known artists. Her work has been widely exhibited and is represented in numerous private collections. Although she has worked in many mediums, watercolor has become her favorite means of artistic expression. Now residing in Marshfield, MA, Maureen is active in local and regional art associations.