A Peck of Peaches: A Georgia Number Book
by Carol Crane
Using simple number concepts, A Peck of Peaches: A Georgia Number Book travels the state, showcasing its natural wonders and traditions, along with entertaining facts and information. From four historic words of Martin Luther King Jr. ("I have a dream") to the admittance of the 13th colony (Georgia's entry into the union), A Peck of Peaches shows young readers that almost anything can be counted in the great state of Georgia.
- Dewey: 975.8
- Graphics: Full-color illustrations
- Hardcover (9781585361779): 40 pages, 11 (w) x 9 (h), © 2008, 08/21/2007
- Subject: Geography, Math & Science
- Series: America by the Numbers
- Suggested Interest Level: Age 6 - Age 8
- ATOS Reading Level: 6.4
- ATOS Interest Level: MG
- Accelerated Reader® Quiz: 119146
- Accelerated Reader® Points: 1.0
- JUVENILE NONFICTION / History / United States / State & Local (JNF025180)
- JUVENILE NONFICTION / Concepts / Counting & Numbers (JNF013030)
No reviews found.
Author: Carol Crane
Lecturer and book reviewer Carol Crane is widely recognized by many schools and educators for her expertise in children’s literature. She has conducted in-service seminars for teachers at many schools across the country. She also instituted a summer reading program for teachers and media specialists. Carol travels extensively and speaks at state reading conventions across the United States and lives in Michigan, Florida and North Carolina.
Illustrator: Mark Braught
In Mark Braught’s own words, “It has been a privilege to create image for many of the world’s top advertising agencies, corporations, design firms and publishers.” His artwork has earned awards from The American Advertising Federation (ADDY), Communication Arts, the NY Art Directors Club and included in the Society of Illustrators Annual Art Exhibition, among others. Mark enjoys his travels to schools, universities and libraries for presentations and workshops and lives in Commerce, Georgia with AnnaBelle, a white boxer, also known as the Pink Princess.