O is for Old Dominion: A Virginia Alphabet
by Pamela Duncan Edwards
From Arlington National Cemetery (once part of Robert E. Lee's homestead) to magnificent Monticello, Virginia has always had a prominent place in American history. Jamestown, Williamsburg, and even the Pentagon are just a few of the many places highlighted in O is for Old Dominion. Readers will also be introduced to such history makers as George Washington, Patrick Henry, and Booker T. Washington. Pamela Duncan Edwards came from England to live in Virginia twenty years ago and fell in love with her new home. Pamela was a children's librarian before becoming the author of nearly twenty-five picture books. She thinks Virginia is the most beautiful state and hopes she will live there forever. Pamela makes her home in Vienna, Virginia. Artist Troy Howell has had a prolific career as a children's book illustrator, with countless books to his credit. He received his formal art education from the Art Center in Los Angeles and the Illustrators' Workshops in New York. Troy lives in Falmouth, Virginia.
- Dewey: 975.5
- Graphics: Full-color illustrations
- Hardcover (9781585361618): 40 pages, 11 (w) x 9 (h), © 2006, 09/30/2005
- PDF (9781585366187): 40 pages, 11 (w) x 9 (h), © 2010, 10/08/2010
- Hosted ebook (9781627533591): 40 pages, © 2014, 08/15/2013
- Subject: Geography, Language Arts
- Series: Discover America State by State
- Suggested Interest Level: Age 6 - Age 8
- ATOS Reading Level: 7.3
- ATOS Interest Level: MG
- Accelerated Reader® Quiz: 105063
- Accelerated Reader® Points: 1.0
- JUVENILE NONFICTION / History / United States / State & Local (JNF025180)
- JUVENILE NONFICTION / People & Places / United States / General (JNF038100)
No reviews found.
Author: Pamela Duncan Edwards
Pamela Duncan Edwards, a New York Times–bestselling author, has written more than seventy fiction and nonfiction picture books, including B is for Big Ben: An England Alphabet and O is for Old Dominion: A Virginia Alphabet for Sleeping Bear Press. Her books have earned many starred reviews and awards, including the California Young Reader Medal and the Whitney and Scott Cardozo Award for Children’s Literature. Pamela was born and brought up in a small English town before moving to the United States with her husband, two sons, and their dog. She now lives happily in the beautiful state of Virginia. Learn more about her at pameladuncanedwards.com.
Illustrator: Troy Howell
Artist Troy Howell has had a prolific career as a children's book illustrator with countless books to his credit, including The Secret Garden, The Ugly Duckling, and Favorite Greek Myths. He received his formal art education from the Art Center in Los Angeles and the Illustrators' Workshops in New York. Troy lives in Falmouth, Virginia.
- Item count: 0
- Subtotal: $0.00