Show Me the Number: A Missouri Number Book
by Judy Young
From Judy and Ross Young (the husband-and-wife author-illustrator team behind S is for Show Me: A Missouri Alphabet) comes another rousing state tribute in Show Me the Number: A Missouri Number Book. From cave-dwelling prehistoric animals to "King of Ragtime" Scott Joplin to the sunken steamboat Arabia, Missouri's wonders are revealed. Readers of all ages will come to appreciate and understand why Missouri is truly the "Show Me" state.
- Dewey: 977.8
- Graphics: Full-color illustrations
- Hardcover (9781585361564): 40 pages, 11 (w) x 9 (h), © 2008, 08/01/2007
- Subject: Geography, Math & Science
- Series: America by the Numbers
- Suggested Interest Level: Age 6 - Age 8
- ATOS Reading Level: 6.2
- ATOS Interest Level: MG
- Accelerated Reader® Quiz: 119122
- Accelerated Reader® Points: 1.0
- JUVENILE NONFICTION / Concepts / Counting & Numbers (JNF013030)
- JUVENILE NONFICTION / History / United States / State & Local (JNF025180)
No reviews found.
Author: Judy Young
Illustrator: Ross B. Young
The art of Ross B. Young is often associated with paintings of the world's greatest sporting dogs. He also paints wildlife and landscapes. Ross has been a professional artist since he received his Masters of Arts in Painting from the University of Tulsa in 1980. His artwork has been displayed in national and international art shows, galleries and museums. It has also been in or on the covers of many magazines and books. Ross regularly shares his expertise and his love of art with children by speaking to local elementary classrooms and judging elementary art shows. Ross and his wife, Judy, live in the country near Springfield, Missouri. They have a daughter, Brett, a son, Reid, and five dogs.