P is for Pelican: A Louisiana Alphabet
by Anita C. Prieto
From its festive Mardi Gras parades to its wildlife-filled swamps, Louisiana is a state of great diversity. P is for Pelican: A Louisiana Alphabet is an alphabet book that introduces readers young and old to the culture, history, and wonders of this Gulf state. Author Anita C. Prieto's fun-filled rhymes and informative text are highlighted by artist Laura Knorr's vivid and descriptive artwork.
- Dewey: 976.3
- Graphics: Full-color illustrations
- Hardcover (9781585361373): 40 pages, 11 (w) x 9 (h), © 2004, 03/04/2004
- PDF (9781585366330): 40 pages, 11 (w) x 9 (h), © 2010, 11/12/2010
- Hosted ebook (9781627533423): 40 pages, © 2014, 08/15/2013
- Subject: Geography, Language Arts
- Series: Discover America State by State
- Suggested Interest Level: Age 6 - Age 8
- ATOS Reading Level: 5.9
- ATOS Interest Level: MG
- Accelerated Reader® Quiz: 78893
- Accelerated Reader® Points: 1.0
- JUVENILE NONFICTION / History / United States / State & Local (JNF025180)
- JUVENILE NONFICTION / People & Places / United States / General (JNF038100)
- JUVENILE NONFICTION / Concepts / Alphabet (JNF013010)
No reviews found.
Author: Anita C. Prieto
Anita C. Prieto was born in New Orleans, Louisiana. She received a Bachelor of Science degree in Education and a M.Ed. in Educational Administration from Louisiana State University. Her professional life (33 years) was spent in the Orleans Parish School System where she worked as a classroom teacher, television teacher, school principal, and acting area superintendent.
Illustrator: Laura Knorr
Laura Knorr was born and raised in northeastern Pennsylvania and remarks, "I may have left that delightful state but it is home in my heart wherever I may go."She graduated with a Bachelor's of Fine Arts in Illustration from Ringling School of Art and Design in Sarasota, Florida, and has worked as a freelance illustrator for a handful of years. Laura lives in Commerce, GA.
- Item count: 0
- Subtotal: $0.00