V is for Viking: A Minnesota Alphabet
by Kathy-jo Wargin
From its primeval Itasca State Park to the sophistication of its Twin Cities, the state of Minnesota is a study of contrasts and long-held traditions. Birthplace to many famous personalities and inventions, including Garrison Keillor and the Bundt Pan, V is for Viking presents the state whose name means sky-tinted waters.
- Dewey: 977.6
- Graphics: Full-color illustrations
- Hardcover (9781585361250): 40 pages, 11 (w) x 9 (h), © 2004, 09/30/2003
- PDF (9781585366507): 40 pages, 11 (w) x 9 (h), © 2010, 10/15/2010
- Hosted ebook (9781627533362): 40 pages, © 2014, 08/15/2013
- Subject: Geography, Language Arts
- Series: Discover America State by State
- Suggested Interest Level: Age 6 - Age 8
- ATOS Reading Level: 6.9
- ATOS Interest Level: MG
- Accelerated Reader® Quiz: 74440
- Accelerated Reader® Points: 1.0
- JUVENILE NONFICTION / History / United States / State & Local (JNF025180)
- JUVENILE NONFICTION / People & Places / United States / General (JNF038100)
- JUVENILE NONFICTION / Concepts / Alphabet (JNF013010)
- Minnesota Book Award Finalist, Runner-up, 2004
- NEMBA Award (Northeast Minnesota Book--UMD Duluth), Winner, 2003
No reviews found.
Author: Kathy-jo Wargin
Kathy-jo Wargin is the author of more than 45 books and has earned national acclaim through award-winning children's classics such as Michigan's official state book, The Legend of Sleeping Bear, Children's Choice Award winner The Legend of the Loon, The Edmund Fitzgerald: Song of the Bell, and many others. Kathy-jo enjoys writing about nature, folklore, and its effect on all our lives. She is a frequent guest speaker and presenter for associations, school districts, and conferences throughout the country. She lives in Minnetonka, Minnesota.
Illustrator: Rebecca Latham
Rebecca Latham has followed in her mother Karen Latham's award-winning footsteps, winning numerous accolades, including placing in the semifinals of the Minnesota Duck Stamp Competition (1997 and 1999), the Minnesota Pheasant Stamp Competition (1999), and the Minnesota Turkey Stamp Competition (2000). The Lathams' art studio is in Hastings, Minnesota.
Illustrator: Karen Latham
Noted wildlife artist Karen Latham has won numerous awards, including 1996 Artist of the Year for Artists of Minnesota, as well as being semifinalist in the Minnesota Duck Stamp Competition (1996, 1997, and 1999). Daughter Rebecca has followed in her mother's award-winning footsteps, winning numerous accolades, including placing in the semifinals of the Minnesota Duck Stamp Competition (1997 and 1999), the Minnesota Pheasant Stamp Competition (1999), and the Minnesota Turkey Stamp Competition (2000). The Lathams' art studio is in Hastings, Minnesota.
- Item count: 0
- Subtotal: $0.00