H is for Hawkeye: An Iowa Alphabet
by Patricia A. Pierce
Did you know the Hawkeye State got its nickname from Chief Black Hawk of the Sauk tribe? Or that D is for Des Moines, the capital with the golden dome? Or that Iowa is bordered on each side by navigable rivers, the Missouri marks the western border and the Mississippi forms its eastern border. H is for Hawkeye presents these and many other interesting facts about the great state of Iowa.
- Dewey: 977.7
- Graphics: Full-color illustrations
- Hardcover (9781585361144): 40 pages, 11 (w) x 9 (h), © 2004, 10/16/2003
- PDF (9781585366934): 40 pages, 11 (w) x 9 (h), © 2010, 10/01/2010
- Hosted ebook (9781627533324): 40 pages, © 2014, 08/15/2013
- Subject: Geography, Language Arts
- Series: Discover America State by State
- Suggested Interest Level: Age 6 - Age 8
- ATOS Reading Level: 6.6
- ATOS Interest Level: MG
- Accelerated Reader® Quiz: 74543
- Accelerated Reader® Points: 0.5
- JUVENILE NONFICTION / History / United States / State & Local (JNF025180)
- JUVENILE NONFICTION / People & Places / United States / General (JNF038100)
No reviews found.
Author: Patricia A. Pierce
Patricia A. Pierce, M.Ed., grew up on a farm in West Bend and graduated from Loras College, Dubuque. Patricia began her writing career as coauthor of "News Clues," an educational column for the Newmnan Times Herald and by writing testing material for the Psychological Corporation of Harcourt Brace. As an educator and author, Patricia also combines her creative talent and writing skills to create literature-based teachers' guides. She currently lives in rural Indiana with her husband John and two sons, Jared and Andrew.
Illustrator: Bruce Langton
Bruce Langton's unmistakable style and unique ability to capture not only sporting and wildlife scenes, but also contemporary landscapes has won him numerous awards including the 1998 Featured Artist for the Northern Wildlife Art Expo. He lives with his family in Granger, Indiana.
- Item count: 0
- Subtotal: $0.00