E is for Empire: A New York Alphabet
by Ann E. Burg
From B is for Brooklyn Bridge to K is for Kodak and onward to T is for Fort Ticonderoga, E is for Empire is an alphabet book that introduces children and adults to New York State's history, culture, and landscape in a unique two-tiered approach. A quick rhyme offers children facts about New York from A to Z. Alongside each rhyme, older readers gain a deeper understanding of the topic by reading the longer expository text."We travelled New York from A to Z and there is still so much to do and see... We could round each letter twice again and still not reach the very end - Mountains, monuments, museums galore, There is still so much for us to explore, So much for us to celebrate In beautiful, bountiful New York State! "
- Dewey: 974.7
- Graphics: Full-color illustrations
- Hardcover (9781585361137): 40 pages, 11 (w) x 9 (h), © 2003, 04/01/2003
- PDF (9781585366286): 40 pages, 11 (w) x 9 (h), © 2010, 10/08/2010
- Hosted ebook (9781627533317): 40 pages, © 2014, 08/15/2013
- Subject: Geography, Language Arts
- Series: Discover America State by State
- Suggested Interest Level: Age 6 - Age 8
- ATOS Reading Level: 7.2
- ATOS Interest Level: MG
- Accelerated Reader® Quiz: 70188
- Accelerated Reader® Points: 1.0
- JUVENILE NONFICTION / History / United States / State & Local (JNF025180)
- JUVENILE NONFICTION / People & Places / United States / General (JNF038100)
- New York State Reading Association's Charlotte Committee Suggested Reading Lists--Primary Category, Short-listed, 2011
- New York Summer Reading List: One World, Many Stories: Explore New York, Short-listed, 2011
No reviews found.
Author: Ann E. Burg
Ann Burg was born in New York and spent her happy early childhood years in Brooklyn, where she wrote poetry and read lots of books. When she was eight years old, Ann and her family moved to New Jersey where she continued to read, write and dream.
An English teacher for more than 10 years, Ann pursued her interest in writing as a hobby and had several articles published in newspapers throughout New York and New Jersey. With the support of her husband and their cherished daughter and son, Ann decided to leave teaching and pursue her writing career full time. She lives with her family in Albany, New York.
Illustrator: Maureen K. Brookfield
Artist Maureen K. Brookfield lived and studied in the NY/NJ area for many years. She has attended the Parsons School of Design in NY, the Art Center of Northern New Jersey, and has studied with several nationally known artists. Her work has been widely exhibited and is represented in numerous private collections. Although she has worked in many mediums, watercolor has become her favorite means of artistic expression. Now residing in Marshfield, MA, Maureen is active in local and regional art associations.
- Item count: 0
- Subtotal: $0.00