My Momma Likes to Say
by Denise Brennan-Nelson
From the author of Buzzy the Bumblebee comes a child's hilarious visual interpretation of such parental idioms and witticisms as "Hold your horses;" "Money doesn't grow on trees;" and "I have eyes in the back of my head." "Cat got your toungue?" My momma likes to say. I'm not sure what she means but I like it anyway. My cat has never tried to take my tongue away. But if he did, he'd find that it can stretch a long, long way.
- Dewey: 398.9
- Graphics: Full-color illustrations
- Hardcover (9781585361069): 32 pages, 10 (w) x 10 (h), © 2003, 04/01/2003
- PDF (9781627531283): 32 pages, © 2014, 08/15/2013
- Hosted ebook (9781627533300): 32 pages, © 2014, 08/15/2013
- Series: Likes to Say
- Suggested Interest Level: Age 6 - Age 9
- ATOS Reading Level: 4.5
- ATOS Interest Level: LG
- Accelerated Reader® Quiz: 70867
- Accelerated Reader® Points: 0.5
- Bill Martin Jr. Picture Book Award Nominee, Runner-up, 2006
- Children's Crown Award Nominee, Runner-up, 2005
- Children's Choices--IRA, Winner, 2004
- NAPPA (National Parenting Publications) Honor Award, Winner, 2003
No reviews found.
Author: Denise Brennan-Nelson
Denise Brennan-Nelson has written a number of books for children, including Tallulah: Mermaid of the Great Lakes, Leopold the Lion, Someday Is Not a Day of the Week, My Momma Likes to Say,and the popular Willow series. As a national speaker, Denise encourages adults and children to tap into their imaginations to create richer, fuller lives. She travels the country, sharing her reading and writing enthusiasm with schoolchildren and teachers. Denise with her family in Howell, Michigan. She strives to spend each day teaching and learning with a creative spirit. Find out more about Denise at www.denisebrennannelson.com.
Illustrator: Jane Monroe Donovan
Jane Monroe Donovan’s parents encouraged her to follow her heart and it led to her love of sketching and painting. Her affection for animals is reflected in much of her subject matter. Jane makes her home in Pinckney, Michigan, with her husband and their two sons, along with a menagerie of pets. Jane is the author and illustrator of Winter’s Gift.