S is for Sooner: An Oklahoma Alphabet
by Devin Scillian
The wide-open spaces of Oklahoma are brought alive for readers with charming rhymes about rodeos, land runs, and yes, even the musical "Oklahoma!" The people, places, and landmarks of the Sooner state are thoroughly explored through the popular two-tiered format for the Discover America State by State series, with simple rhymes for younger children and expository text for older children.
- Dewey: 974.4
- Graphics: Full-color illustrations
- Hardcover (9781585360628): 40 pages, 11 (w) x 9 (h), © 2004, 11/05/2003
- PDF (9781585366996): 40 pages, 11 (w) x 9 (h), © 2010, 10/01/2010
- Hosted ebook (9781627533164): 40 pages, © 2014, 08/15/2013
- Subject: Geography, Language Arts
- Series: Discover America State by State
- Suggested Interest Level: Age 6 - Age 8
- ATOS Reading Level: 6.0
- ATOS Interest Level: MG
- Accelerated Reader® Quiz: 74552
- Accelerated Reader® Points: 1.0
- JUVENILE NONFICTION / History / United States / State & Local (JNF025180)
- JUVENILE NONFICTION / People & Places / United States / General (JNF038100)
- Oklahoma Book Award--Design/Illustration Category, Winner, 2004
No reviews found.
Author: Devin Scillian
Devin Scillian is an award-winning author, broadcast journalist, and musician. He presently anchors the news for WDIV-TV in Detroit. He has traveled the world covering news stories from Sydney to Siberia. His school presentations have inspired countless children to think of themselves as not only readers, but writers as well.
In addition to Memoirs of a Goldfish, Memoirs of a Hamster, Memoirs of an Elf, and Memoirs of a Parrot, Devin is also the author of numerous books for Sleeping Bear Press including the national bestseller A is for America: An American Alphabet. Devin lives in Michigan with his family. Find out more about Devin at www.devinscillian.com.
Illustrator: Kandy Radzinski
Kandy Radzinski received her Masters of Fine Arts from East Texas State University. She taught art at Central Washington State College and the University of Tulsa. Kandy has illustrated children’s books, posters, greeting cards, and even a six-foot penguin. Her art has been described as “quirky realism” and can be seen at www.kandyradzinski.com.
She lives in Tulsa, Oklahoma, with her husband, Mark, her son, Ian, and two Scottie dogs, Mozzie and Kirby. Both Ian and Kandy are second-degree black-belts in Tae Kwon Do.
- Item count: 0
- Subtotal: $0.00