C is for Centennial: A Colorado Alphabet
by Louise Doak Whitney
Few other states in our union have the magnificent topography of the Centennial State. This unique Colorado landscape is beautifully represented in the illustrations of Helle Urban, as the rhyming verse and expository text of Louise Whitney defines those images and expands our understanding of the Rockies, Blue spruces, Springs, and Yucca plants that paint this land. An excellent addition to our state alphabet book series, C is for Centennial entertains as it educates and its multi-tiered format makes it accessible for readers of all ages and at all elevations.
- Dewey: 978.8
- Graphics: Full-color illustrations
- Hardcover (9781585360581): 40 pages, 11 (w) x 9 (h), © 2003, 10/11/2002
- PDF (9781585366347): 40 pages, 11 (w) x 9 (h), © 2010, 10/08/2010
- Hosted ebook (9781627533140): 40 pages, © 2014, 08/15/2013
- Subject: Geography, Language Arts
- Series: Discover America State by State
- Suggested Interest Level: Age 6 - Age 8
- ATOS Reading Level: 6.0
- ATOS Interest Level: MG
- Accelerated Reader® Quiz: 69302
- Accelerated Reader® Points: 1.0
- JUVENILE NONFICTION / History / United States / State & Local (JNF025180)
- JUVENILE NONFICTION / People & Places / United States / General (JNF038100)
- JUVENILE NONFICTION / Concepts / Alphabet (JNF013010)
No reviews found.
Author: Louise Doak Whitney
Louise Whitney was born and raised in Colorado along the Front Range. A graduate of the University of Colorado and Colorado State University, she is a registered dietitian, college teacher, and wellness educator. Louise now makes her home in Michigan. At night, she often finds herself dreaming of her home state, Colorado. She was inspired to write by her deep and abiding love of the mountains and plains.
Illustrator: Helle Urban
Helle Urban, a Parker, Colorado, resident, has been an illustrator for more than 20 years. She earned her Bachelor of Fine Arts in illustration from Art Center College of Design in Pasadena, California. Helle has illustrated numerous children's books, painted portraits of families and was a background artist in the animation industry. Helle's work has also been displayed in numerous galleries.
- Item count: 0
- Subtotal: $0.00