M is for Maple: A Canadian Alphabet
by Michael Ulmer
Whether sharing the stories of Anne of Green Gables and Terry Fox, or revealing Canada's importance in growing grain that feeds the world, "M is for Maple" is a shining tribute to Canada. From British Columbia to Newfoundland, this Canadian alphabet book shares our nation's symbols, history, people and culture. In clever rhymes and informative text, author Mike Ulmer shares the unique details of Canada. Illustrator Melanie Rose has captured the beauty and splendor of Canada, from the Northern Lights to brave Mounties and the beautiful cities of Toronto, Victoria, and Quebec. Destined to become a national classic, "M is for Maple" is a treasure for Canadians young and old.
- Dewey: 971
- Graphics: Full-color illustrations
- Hardcover (9781585360512): 40 pages, 11 (w) x 10 (h), © 2002, 06/19/2001
- Boardbook (9781585363452): 32 pages, 5.25 (w) x 7.5 (h), © 2008, 09/17/2007
- Boardbook (9781585364947): 34 pages, 8.25 (w) x 11.25 (h), © 2009, 06/09/2009 OP
- Paperback (9781585362356): 40 pages, 11 (w) x 10 (h), © 2004, 04/05/2004
- PDF (9781627531931): 40 pages, © 2014, 08/15/2013
- Hosted ebook (9781627535168): 40 pages, © 2014, 08/15/2013
- Subject: Geography, Language Arts
- Series: Discover the World
- Suggested Interest Level: Age 0-4 - Age 6
- ATOS Reading Level: 5.1
- ATOS Interest Level: MG
- Accelerated Reader® Quiz: 66845
- Accelerated Reader® Points: 0.5
- JUVENILE NONFICTION / People & Places / Canada / General (JNF038040)
- JUVENILE NONFICTION / Concepts / Alphabet (JNF013010)
- Blue Spruce Award Nominee, Runner-up, 2002
No reviews found.
Author: Michael Ulmer
Mike lives in Hamilton, Ontario, Canada, with his family. Mike writes a sports column for the Toronto Sun newspaper. Among Mike’s books are M is for Maple: A Canadian Alphabet and H is for Horse: An Equestrian Alphabet.
Illustrator: Melanie Rose
Melanie Rose’s charming and lively oil paintings brought Canada vividly to life in Mike Ulmer’s M is for Maple: A Canadian Alphabet. She has also illustrated Z is for Zamboni: A Hockey Alphabet and K is for Kick: A Soccer Alphabet. A graduate of the Ontario College of Art, Melanie lives in Mississauga, Canada, with her son.