P is for Peach: A Georgia Alphabet
by Carol Crane
As you travel through the Okefenokee Swamp, keep an eye out for Tiger Swallowtails and Brown Thrashers, and be sure to pick some Yellow Confederate Daisies before taking a nap under a Live Oak Tree. This is the Georgia that becomes a wondrous reality within the beautiful rhyming verses of Carol Crane and the colorful images of Mark Braught. At the same time the rhymes entertain and inform younger readers, Crane's in-depth expository text will appeal to older ones, creating a two-tiered teaching tool for educators in the Peach State and across the country.
- Dewey: 975.8
- Graphics: Full-color illustrations
- Hardcover (9781585360468): 40 pages, 11 (w) x 9 (h), © 2003, 10/11/2002
- PDF (9781585366200): 40 pages, 11 (w) x 9 (h), © 2010, 10/08/2010
- Hosted ebook (9781627533119): 40 pages, © 2014, 08/15/2013
- Subject: Geography, Language Arts
- Series: Discover America State by State
- Suggested Interest Level: Age 6 - Age 8
- ATOS Reading Level: 6.0
- ATOS Interest Level: MG
- Accelerated Reader® Quiz: 69316
- Accelerated Reader® Points: 1.0
- JUVENILE NONFICTION / History / United States / State & Local (JNF025180)
- JUVENILE NONFICTION / People & Places / United States / General (JNF038100)
No reviews found.
Author: Carol Crane
Lecturer and book reviewer Carol Crane was widely recognized by many schools and educators for her expertise in children's literature. She authored over twenty books for Sleeping Bear Press and conducted in-service seminars for teachers at many schools across the country. She also instituted a summer reading program for teachers and media specialists. Carol traveled extensively and spoke at state reading conventions across the United States and lived in Michigan, Florida and North Carolina, before passing away in 2018.
Illustrator: Mark Braught
In Mark Braught’s own words, “It has been a privilege to create image for many of the world’s top advertising agencies, corporations, design firms and publishers.” His artwork has earned awards from The American Advertising Federation (ADDY), Communication Arts, the NY Art Directors Club and included in the Society of Illustrators Annual Art Exhibition, among others. Mark enjoys his travels to schools, universities and libraries for presentations and workshops and lives in Commerce, Georgia with AnnaBelle, a white boxer, also known as the Pink Princess.
- Item count: 0
- Subtotal: $0.00