A is for America: An American Alphabet
by Devin Scillian
From the British and our Constitution that replaced their rule, to Yellowstone Park and Zane Grey's stories of the west, "A is for America" is a sweeping tribute to all we know and love about our country. With delightful poems that beg to be read aloud, and expository text to broaden a student's horizons, this American alphabet will make you fall in love with the United States over and over again. Bright, beautifully detailed illustrations from California artist Pam Carroll bring each letter to life, from eagles to Thomas Edison to the veterans of two World Wars.
- Dewey: 973
- Graphics: Full-color illustrations
- Hardcover (9781585360154): 56 pages, 11 (w) x 10 (h), © 2002, 05/01/2001
- PDF (9781627535823): 56 pages, © 2014, 09/01/2013
- Hosted ebook (9781627536165): 56 pages, © 2014, 09/01/2013
- Subject: Geography, Language Arts
- Series: Discover the World
- Suggested Interest Level: Age 6 - Age 8
- ATOS Reading Level: 5.4
- ATOS Interest Level: MG
- Accelerated Reader® Quiz: 60308
- Accelerated Reader® Points: 0.5
- JUVENILE NONFICTION / Concepts / Alphabet (JNF013010)
- JUVENILE NONFICTION / People & Places / United States / General (JNF038100)
No reviews found.
Author: Devin Scillian
Devin Scillian is an award-winning author, broadcast journalist, and musician. He presently anchors the news for WDIV-TV in Detroit. He has traveled the world covering news stories from Sydney to Siberia. His school presentations have inspired countless children to think of themselves as not only readers, but writers as well.
In addition to Memoirs of a Goldfish, Memoirs of a Hamster, Memoirs of an Elf, and Memoirs of a Parrot, Devin is also the author of numerous books for Sleeping Bear Press including the national bestseller A is for America: An American Alphabet. Devin lives in Michigan with his family. Find out more about Devin at www.devinscillian.com.
Illustrator: Pam Carroll
Born and raised in Southern California, Pam Carroll embraces the traditional focus of realism and pictorial illusionism. Her style of painting has been greatly influenced by the early Dutch Masters and the American Realists from the Second School of Philadelphia. She has illustrated A is for America: An American Alphabet; One Nation: America by the Numbers; S is for Star: A Christmas Alphabet; and G is for Golden: A California Alphabet. She lives with her husband in Carmel, California, where she paints daily, and is an active member of the Carmel Art Association.