S is for Sunshine: A Florida Alphabet
by Carol Crane
The Sunshine State gets its own alphabet book! Florida, where "B is for Beaches, P is for Pirates, and V is for Vacationers," comes to life with playful, vivid illustrations by Michael Monroe and a conch shell full of fun facts and poems by Florida author and educator Carol Crane. Do you know which city is the state capitol? Which fragrant blossom is the state flower? Learn all this and more with S is for Sunshine: A Florida Alphabet.
- Dewey: 917.59
- Graphics: Full-color illustrations
- Hardcover (9781585360123): 40 pages, 11 (w) x 9 (h), © 2002, 10/09/2000
- PDF (9781585366477): 40 pages, 11 (w) x 9 (h), © 2010, 10/15/2010
- Hosted ebook (9781627532990): 40 pages, © 2014, 08/15/2013
- Subject: Geography, Language Arts
- Series: Discover America State by State
- Suggested Interest Level: Age 6 - Age 8
- ATOS Reading Level: 4.9
- ATOS Interest Level: MG
- Accelerated Reader® Quiz: 69318
- Accelerated Reader® Points: 0.5
- JUVENILE NONFICTION / History / United States / State & Local (JNF025180)
- JUVENILE NONFICTION / People & Places / United States / General (JNF038100)
- JUVENILE NONFICTION / Concepts / Alphabet (JNF013010)
- Florida Center for the Book selection for the National Book Festival Exhibit, Winner, 2005
No reviews found.
Author: Carol Crane
Lecturer and book reviewer Carol Crane was widely recognized by many schools and educators for her expertise in children's literature. She authored over twenty books for Sleeping Bear Press and conducted in-service seminars for teachers at many schools across the country. She also instituted a summer reading program for teachers and media specialists. Carol traveled extensively and spoke at state reading conventions across the United States and lived in Michigan, Florida and North Carolina, before passing away in 2018.
Illustrator: Michael Glenn Monroe
Award-winning wildlife artist Michael Glenn Monroe began his career at a very young age. A self-taught painter, Michael spends his time meticulously honing his craft, often teaching himself many new and unique techniques to add to his paintings.Michael began his publishing career with Sleeping Bear Press in 1999 when both Buzzy the Bumblebee and M is for Mitten: A Michigan Alphabet were released. His knowledge and experience with landscapes and wildlife were a perfect match for Mitten, as well as subsequent state alphabet titles (S is for Sunshine: A Florida Alphabet and L is for Last Frontier: An Alaska Alphabet).Michael and his wife, Colleen, share a home in Brighton, Michigan, with their three children, twins Matthew and Natalie and John, born in May 2001.
- Item count: 0
- Subtotal: $0.00