B is for Buckeye: An Ohio Alphabet
by Marcia Schonberg
Did you know that Ohio is called "The Mother of Presidents" for the eight United States Presidents born there? Or, that 23 astronauts -- the most of any state -- are from Ohio? These and more amazing facts are revealed in B is for Buckeye, a must-have for every Ohioan (from Ulysses S. Grant to John Glenn)! Brilliant illustrations by Bruce Langton and fascinating text by Marcia Schonberg bring Ohio history and information to life in the second of Sleeping Bear Press' state alphabet books.
- Dewey: 977.1
- Graphics: Full-color illustrations
- Hardcover (9781585360048): 40 pages, 11 (w) x 9 (h), © 2002, 10/09/2000
- PDF (9781585366460): 40 pages, 11 (w) x 9 (h), © 2010, 10/15/2010
- Hosted ebook (9781627532976): 40 pages, © 2014, 08/15/2013
- Subject: Geography, Language Arts
- Series: Discover America State by State
- Suggested Interest Level: Age 6 - Age 8
- ATOS Reading Level: 6.9
- ATOS Interest Level: MG
- Accelerated Reader® Quiz: 69301
- Accelerated Reader® Points: 1.0
- JUVENILE NONFICTION / History / United States / State & Local (JNF025180)
- JUVENILE NONFICTION / People & Places / United States / General (JNF038100)
- Ohioana Library Association Finalist for Juvenile Literature, Runner-up
- Choose to Read Ohio List, Short-listed, 2011
- Ohio Farm Bureau Honor's List, Short-listed, 2003
No reviews found.
Author: Marcia Schonberg
Ohio native and award-winning journalist Marcia Schonberg's written more than a dozen children's books and frequently contributes to national periodicals and daily newspapers, including the Columbus Dispatch and the Medina Gazette. Marcia is an active member of the American Society of Journalists and Authors, the Ohioana Library Association, Midwest Travels Writers Association, and the Society of Children's Book Writers and Illustrators. She splits residency between Lexington, Ohio and Naples, Florida and travels extensively uncovering topics for her books and articles.
Illustrator: Bruce Langton
Bruce Langton's unmistakable style and unique ability to capture not only sporting and wildlife scenes, but also contemporary landscapes has won him numerous awards including the 1998 Featured Artist for the Northern Wildlife Art Expo. He lives with his family in Granger, Indiana.
- Item count: 0
- Subtotal: $0.00