This product is not available for purchase: Status is Not yet published
A Horse Named Jack
by Linda Vander Heyden
Jack is a rather silly horse. And when bored, he takes it upon himself to unlatch his stall and go for an adventure through the farm before escaping into the neighbor's garden for a snack. This rhyming story counts up to ten as Jack makes his way across the farm and then back down as he races home with the neighbor hot on his heels.
- Dewey: [E]
- Graphics: Full-color illustrations
- Hardcover (9781585363957): 32 pages, 11 (w) x 9 (h), © 2018, 04/15/2018 NYP
- Hosted ebook (9781534123199): 32 pages, 11 (w) x 9 (h), © 2018, 04/15/2018 NYP
- Subject: Language Arts
- Suggested Interest Level: Age 0-4 - Age 7
- Suggested Reading Level: Grade 1
- Accelerated Reader® Quiz: Pending
- JUVENILE FICTION / Concepts / Counting & Numbers (JUV009030)
- JUVENILE FICTION / Lifestyles / Farm & Ranch Life (JUV025000)
- JUVENILE FICTION / Animals / Farm Animals (JUV002090)
No reviews found.
Author: Linda Vander Heyden
Linda Vander Heyden dreamed of riding horses from the time she was a small child and threw a saddle on the piano bench. She feels blessed to have spent many summers exploring the Northwoods of Wisconsin on horseback. Linda is also the author of Mr. McGinty’s Monarchs. She lives in the country with her husband,three cats, two dogs—and a horse named Jack!
Illustrator: Petra Brown
Petra Brown has been a children’s book illustrator since 2006 when her first picture book If Big Can…I Can, was shortlisted for the Booktrust Early Years Awards for Best Emerging Illustrator. Since then she has been illustrating for a range of publishers in the United Kingdom and abroad. Petra comments, “I love drawing animals with human expressions. I find it such fun creating, for example, a thoughtful fox, a happy hippo, a shy sheep, or a caring bear! The other thing I like is creating landscapes, places where my characters can run about and have adventures. Living in a magnificent place like Snowdonia helps a great deal.” Petra lives with her partner in Wales.