This product is scheduled to be released on: 15 August 2017
When the Wind Blew
by Petra Brown
While Big Bear and Little Bear are snuggled up for the night, a wild storm rages. The bears wake up to find that the wind has knocked down all of the trees in their forest, they'll have to move. Little Bear is distraught. He loves their home! But Big Bear helps him understand that home isn't where you are, but who you're with. Author and illustrator Petra Brown's sweet, superbly rendered characters and tender story are perfect for helping little ones deal with a move or change.
- Graphics: Full-color illustrations
- Hardcover (9781585369690): 32 pages, 10 (w) x 10 (h), © 2017, 08/15/2017 NYP
- Hosted ebook (9781634724388): 32 pages, 10 (w) x 10 (h), © 2017, 08/15/2017 NYP
- Subject: Language Arts
- Suggested Interest Level: Age 5 - Age 8
- Suggested Reading Level: Grade 1
- Accelerated Reader® Quiz: Pending
- JUVENILE FICTION / Animals / Bears (JUV002030)
- JUVENILE FICTION / Family / General (see also headings under Social Themes) (JUV013000)
- JUVENILE FICTION / Social Themes / New Experience (JUV039090)
No editorial reviews found.
Author, Illustrator: Petra Brown
Petra Brown has been a children’s book illustrator since 2006 when her first picture book If Big Can…I Can, was shortlisted for the Booktrust Early Years Awards for Best Emerging Illustrator. Since then she has been illustrating for a range of publishers in the United Kingdom and abroad. Petra comments, “I love drawing animals with human expressions. I find it such fun creating, for example, a thoughtful fox, a happy hippo, a shy sheep, or a caring bear! The other thing I like is creating landscapes, places where my characters can run about and have adventures. Living in a magnificent place like Snowdonia helps a great deal.” Petra lives with her partner in Wales.
- Item count: 0
- Subtotal: $0.00
- Author/Illustrator biography