C is for Canada
by Michael Ulmer
Canada will celebrate the 150th anniversary of its confederation in 2017. And just in time to help mark the occasion, author Mike Ulmer presents C is for Canada, an alphabetical tribute to this northern nation. Colorful artwork captures Canada's natural beauty as clever rhymes inform and entertain, giving the reader an armchair tour. From the Aurora Borealis to Klondike Days to the majestic Peary Caribou, C is for Canada showcases the landscape, symbols, history, and culture of this great country.
- Dewey: 971
- Graphics: Full-color illustrations
- Hardcover (9781585369737): 32 pages, 11 (w) x 9 (h), © 2017, 02/15/2017
- PDF (9781634724111): 32 pages, 11 (w) x 9 (h), © 2017, 02/15/2017
- Hosted ebook (9781634724418): 32 pages, 11 (w) x 9 (h), © 2017, 02/15/2017
- Subject: Language Arts, Social Studies
- JUVENILE NONFICTION / Concepts / Alphabet (JNF013010)
- JUVENILE NONFICTION / History / Canada / General (JNF025050)
No reviews found.
Author: Michael Ulmer
Mike lives in Hamilton, Ontario, Canada, with his family. Mike writes a sports column for the Toronto Sun newspaper. Among Mike’s books are M is for Maple: A Canadian Alphabet and H is for Horse: An Equestrian Alphabet.
Illustrator: Sylvie Daigneault
Sylvie Daigneault is originally from Montreal, Quebec, where she studied painting at L’Écoles des Beaux-Arts. Her vivid and detailed imagery has been featured on packaging, posters, and in editorial work. Published as a writer-illustrator with the Bruno series, her illustrations are featured in numerous children’s books, including Sarah Saw a Blue Macaw, All on a Sleepy Night, and The Good Garden.
- Item count: 0
- Subtotal: $0.00
- Author/Illustrator biography