Stella Batts: Who's in Charge
by Courtney Sheinmel
In "Who's in Charge" Stella gets a lesson in responsibility when she volunteers to watch her best friend’s dog, Bella, for a few days. The only problem with this plan is that Stella didn’t ask her mother for permission. With new baby Marco at home, Stella’s mom already has her hands full. But Grandma agrees it’s good for Stella to have some responsibility as she’s getting older. It looks as though Stella has things under control. It’s only for a few days—what could go wrong? When Bella gets loose and runs away, Stella is heartbroken. Will Stella find Bella before Evie gets back? And where does she even start to look? It’s just another day in the life of Stella Batts! In this early chapter book series, the ups and downs of Stella’s life are charmingly chronicled.
- Dewey: F
- Graphics: 1-color illustrations
- Hardcover (9781585368495): 152 pages, 5.5 (w) x 7.5 (h), © 2013, 08/01/2013
- Paperback (9781585368501): 152 pages, 5.5 (w) x 7.5 (h), © 2013, 08/01/2013
- PDF (9781627530439): 152 pages, © 2013, 08/01/2013
- Hosted ebook (9781627535779): 152 pages, © 2014, 08/15/2013
- Series: Stella Batts
- Suggested Interest Level: Age 6 - Age 8
- Suggested Reading Level: Grade 3
- Lexile® Measure: 540
- Guided Reading Level: N
- ATOS Reading Level: 3.5
- ATOS Interest Level: LG
- Accelerated Reader® Quiz: 162867
- Accelerated Reader® Points: 2.0
- JUVENILE FICTION / General (JUV000000)
- JUVENILE FICTION / Readers / Chapter Books (JUV045000)
- JUVENILE FICTION / Humorous Stories (JUV019000)
Stella Batts Who's in Charge
Reviewed on 27 September 2013
Stella Batts, back to star in her fifth book, is still in the third grade, but her family has now welcomed a new baby, Marco. Her mother is totally focused on keeping the house as germfree as possible, so when Stella comes home one Friday after school with her friend Evie’s puppy to watch for a few days, her mother is less than thrilled. Everything is going well until the puppy gets loose from where she has been tied up and disappears. Fans of the series will be eager to read about Stella’s continuing adventures, while commiserating as she learns about responsibility.
Author: Courtney Sheinmel
Courtney Sheinmel published her first book, My So-Called Family, in 2008. Since then, she has published three other Young Adult books. She lives in New York City.
Illustrator: Jennifer A. Bell
Jennifer A. Bell is a children’s book and greeting card illustrator,and studied at the Columbus College of Art and Design. She lives in Minneapolis, Minnesota.
- Item count: 0
- Subtotal: $0.00
- Table of contents
- Author/Illustrator biography