Hat Tricks Count: A Hockey Number Book
by Matt Napier
The companion volume to our bestselling, Blue Spruce Award winner, Z is for Zamboni: A Hockey Alphabet. Like our alphabet series our counting books are written in a two-tier format with charming poems for young readers and expository text for older readers. Young sports fans see numbers everywhere--the scoreboard, the retired jerseys in the rafters, the numerology of sports stats--and Hat Tricks Count: A Hockey Number Book delivers them faster than an assist from the Great One, number 99 himself. Hat Tricks Count will answer many of the fast paced questions kids have. What is a Hat Trick, anyway? Cross checking, high sticking, and hooking penalties add up to what? Who scored more career goals--Gordie Howe or Wayne Gretzky?
- Dewey: 796.962
- Graphics: Full-color illustrations
- Hardcover (9781585361632): 40 pages, 11 (w) x 10 (h), © 2006, 09/23/2005
- PDF (9781627531900): 40 pages, © 2014, 08/15/2013
- Hosted ebook (9781627535045): 40 pages, © 2014, 08/15/2013
- Subject: Math & Science
- Suggested Interest Level: Age 6 - Age 9
- ATOS Reading Level: 7.0
- ATOS Interest Level: MG
- Accelerated Reader® Quiz: 105061
- Accelerated Reader® Points: 1.0
- JUVENILE NONFICTION / Animals / Horses (JNF003110)
- JUVENILE NONFICTION / Concepts / Alphabet (JNF013010)
- JUVENILE NONFICTION / Concepts / Counting & Numbers (JNF013030)
No editorial reviews found.
Author: Matt Napier
Matt Napier was born in Montreal, Quebec and moved frequently throughout North America and Italy with his family before settling in Toronto, Ontario where he now resides. Matt studied political science at the University of Toronto before earning his law degree from the University of Windsor. Matt works as an attorney for a Toronto law firm and he is the author of the best-selling Z is for Zamboni: A Hockey Alphabet; Hat Tricks Count: A Hockey Number Book; and I Spy with My Little Eye: Hockey. When not working or writing, Matt enjoys reading, playing hockey and golf, practicing guitar, and traveling.
Illustrator: Melanie Rose
Melanie Rose’s charming and lively oil paintings brought Canada vividly to life in Mike Ulmer’s M is for Maple: A Canadian Alphabet. She has also illustrated Z is for Zamboni: A Hockey Alphabet and K is for Kick: A Soccer Alphabet. A graduate of the Ontario College of Art, Melanie lives in Mississauga, Canada, with her son.