by Denise Brennan-Nelson
State birds, flowers, trees, and animals brought to board book form for the youngest book lovers. Toddlers will delight in these books filled with rhyming riddles framed by brightly painted clues, introducing elements that make each state so special.
- Dewey: 978.8
- Graphics: Full-color illustrations
- Boardbook (9781585365302): 20 pages, 7 (w) x 5 (h), © 2011, 04/27/2011
- PDF (9781410307972): 20 pages, 7 (w) x 5 (h), © 2011, 08/02/2011
- Hosted ebook (9781627534895): 20 pages, © 2014, 08/15/2013
- Series: Little State
- JUVENILE FICTION / Readers / Beginner (JUV043000)
- JUVENILE NONFICTION / People & Places / United States / General (JNF038100)
- JUVENILE NONFICTION / Humor / Jokes & Riddles (JNF028020)
No editorial reviews found.
Author: Denise Brennan-Nelson
Denise Brennan-Nelson is a multi-award winning children’s book author and motivational speaker. She wrote her first children’s book, Buzzy the Bumblebee, after discovering that aeronautically, bumblebees should not be able to fly. She felt it was a wonderful way to inspire people to “bee-lieve” in themselves and their dreams. Other titles include Someday is Not a Day of the Week, a touching story about making time for what is really important in life; and Willow, chosen the Most Outstanding Children’s Book for 2009 by the Executive Committee of the Mom’s Choice Awards. Willow is the story of a little girl who colors outside the lines, thinks outside the box, and ends up awakening the creativity of her by-the-book art teacher. Denise also wrote J is for Jack-O’-Lantern: A Halloween Alphabet.
Illustrator: Helle Urban
Helle Urban, a Parker, Colorado, resident, has been an illustrator for more than 20 years. She earned her Bachelor of Fine Arts in illustration from Art Center College of Design in Pasadena, California. Helle has illustrated numerous children’s books, painted portraits of families and was a background artist in the animation industry. Helle’s work has also been displayed in numerous galleries.