The Pirate Captain's Daughter
by Eve Bunting
"I always knew my father was a pirate and I always knew I wanted to be one, too." At age fifteen, Catherine's life is about to change. Her mother has just died and Catherine can't stand the thought of being sent to live with her aunt in Boston. She longs for a life of adventure. After she discovers her father's secret life as captain of the pirate ship Reprisal, her only thoughts are to join him on the high seas. Catherine imagines a life of sailing the blue waters of the Caribbean, the wind whipping at her back. She's heard tales of bloodshed and brutality but her father's ship would never be like that. Catherine convinces her father to let her join him, disguised as a boy. But once the Reprisal sets sail, she finds life aboard a pirate ship is not for the faint of heart. If her secret is uncovered, punishment will be swift and brutal.
- Dewey: F
- Hardcover (9781585365265): 208 pages, 5.5 (w) x 8 (h), © 2011, 02/14/2011
- Paperback (9781585365258): 208 pages, 5.5 (w) x 8 (h), © 2011, 02/14/2011
- PDF (9781410307897): 215 pages, 6 (w) x 9 (h), © 2011, 07/06/2011
- Hosted ebook (9781627534642): 208 pages, © 2014, 08/15/2013
- Series: Eve Bunting's Pirate Series
- Suggested Interest Level: Age 12 - Age 16
- ATOS Reading Level: 4.7
- ATOS Interest Level: MG+
- Accelerated Reader® Quiz: 142348
- Accelerated Reader® Points: 5.0
- Pennsylvania Young Reader's Choice Awards List, Short-listed, 2012
- Paterson Prize for Books for Young People--Honor Book, Winner, 2012
- National Parenting Publications Award (NAPPA)--Gold, Winner, 2011
- The USA "Best Books" Awards--Finalist in the Fiction Young Adult Category, Runner-up, 2011
No editorial reviews found.
Author: Eve Bunting
An author of more than 250 children’s books, Eve Bunting has won numerous awards and honors, including a Pen International Special Achievement award for her contribution to Children’s Literature. In 2002 she was chosen to be Irish American Woman of the Year by the Irish American Heritage Committee of New York. She lives in Pasadena, California.