Brewster the Rooster
by Devin Scillian
What has gotten into Brewster the rooster? The Macintosh family can't understand why their barnyard pet is crowing at the darnedest things. "I'm worried about Brewster," Magnolia said, mixing carrot cake batter with raisins. "Something has changed. It seems so strange but he's crowing at the oddest occasions." Whether it's the children playing catch in the yard, Zeb painting the barn red, or Grandma Pearl flipping hotcakes, Brewster can't stop from letting out an earsplitting cock-a-doodle-doo that sends the Macintosh family head over heels. When the barnyard brouhaha gets too much, even Doc Sawyer is consulted. But can he figure out how to help Brewster? Readers young and old will be charmed by the perfect solution to Brewster's problem.Devin Scillian is an Emmy-award-winning broadcast journalist with the NBC affiliate station in Detroit. Brewster the Rooster is his ninth book with Sleeping Bear Press. He also wrote the bestselling A is for America: An American Alphabet. Devin lives with his family in Grosse Pointe Park, Michigan. Lee White graduated from the prestigious Art Center College of Design in Pasadena, California. In addition to illustrating children's books, he also exhibits his art in galleries. Lee currently lives in Portland, Oregon. Brewster the Rooster is his first project with Sleeping Bear Press.
- Dewey: E
- Graphics: Full-color illustrations
- Hardcover (9781585363117): 32 pages, 10 (w) x 10 (h), © 2007, 04/04/2007 OP
- PDF (9781627535878): 32 pages, © 2014, 09/01/2013
- Hosted ebook (9781627536219): 32 pages, © 2014, 09/01/2013
- Suggested Interest Level: Age 6 - Age 9
- ATOS Reading Level: 4.4
- ATOS Interest Level: LG
- Accelerated Reader® Quiz: 115731
- Accelerated Reader® Points: 0.5
- JUVENILE FICTION / Lifestyles / Farm & Ranch Life (JUV025000)
- JUVENILE FICTION / Animals / Farm Animals (JUV002090)
- Oklahoma Book Award Finalist: Childen'/Young Adult Category, Runner-up, 2008
- Chicago Book & Media, Honorable Mention Children's Picture Book Category, Commended, 2007
- Foreword Magazine Book of the Year Finalist: Children's Picture Book Category, Runner-up, 2007
- National Parenting Publications Awards (NAPPA)--Gold, Winner, 2007
No editorial reviews found.
Author: Devin Scillian
Devin Scillian is an award-winning author and Emmy award-winning broadcast journalist. He has written more than 10 books with Sleeping Bear Press, including the best-selling A is for America: An American Alphabet, Brewster the Rooster, Johnny Kaw and Memoirs of a Hamster. Devin lives in Michigan and anchors the news for WDIV-TV in Detroit.
Illustrator: Lee White
Lee White graduated with honors from the prestigious Art Center College of Design in Pasadena, California. Over the years Lee has developed a whimsical style of his own—flying cows, mechanical gizmos, and a whole cast of quirky characters. Realizing his playful style is a perfect fit for children’s books, Lee decided to devote his talents to telling stories through images. In addition to illustrating children’s books, he also exhibits his art in galleries. Lee currently lives in Portland, Oregon with his wife Lisa and their 3 crazy cats.