Apple Tree Christmas
by Trinka Hakes Noble
Originally published over twenty years ago, and out of print since 1998, Sleeping Bear Press is proud to bring this beloved Christmas tale to a whole new audience. Moving and nostalgic, and brought to life by glowing watercolor paintings, it reveals the joy of a very special present and the love that a father and daughter share.
- Dewey: E
- Graphics: Full-color illustrations
- Hardcover (9781585362707): 32 pages, 9 (w) x 11 (h), © 2006, 09/20/2005
- PDF (9781627535847): 32 pages, © 2014, 09/01/2013
- Hosted ebook (9781627536189): 32 pages, © 2014, 09/01/2013
- Suggested Interest Level: Age 6 - Age 9
- ATOS Reading Level: 4.2
- ATOS Interest Level: LG
- Accelerated Reader® Quiz: 103244
- Accelerated Reader® Points: 0.5
- JUVENILE FICTION / Holidays & Celebrations / Christmas & Advent (JUV017010)
- JUVENILE FICTION / Nature & the Natural World / General (see also headings under Animals) (JUV029000)
No editorial reviews found.
Author, Illustrator: Trinka Hakes Noble
Trinka Hakes Noble is the award-winning author of numerous picture books including The Orange Shoes (2007 National Parenting Publications Awards Honors Winner), The Scarlet Stockings Spy (2005 IRA Teachers’ Choice), The Last Brother, and The Legend of the Cape May Diamond. Ms. Noble also wrote the ever-popular Jimmy’s Boa series and Meanwhile Back at the Ranch, both featured on PBS’s Reading Rainbow. Her many awards include ALA Notable Children’s Book, Booklist Children’s Editors’ Choice, IRA-CBC Children’s Choice, Learning: The Year’s Ten Best, and several Junior Literary Guild Selections.
Ms. Noble has studied children’s book writing and illustrating in New York City at Parsons School of Design, the New School University, Caldecott medalist Uri Shulevitz’s Greenwich Village Workshop, and at New York University. A member of the Rutgers University Council on Children’s Literature, she was awarded Outstanding Woman 2002 in Arts and Letters in the state of New Jersey for her lifetime work in children’s books. Ms. Noble currently lives in the historic Jockey Hollow area of Bernardsville, New Jersey.