Someday Is Not a Day of the Week
by Denise Brennan-Nelson
We've all wished for Someday to get here, and now it is. Follow the tale of the young beaver, Max, and his quest to spend quality time with his parents and family. The tale for the ages and ageless will bring a happy tear of joy and love and a smile to the face of every child who undoubtedly heard the answer "Someday" after having asked "When?" An inspiring read for all of us, Someday finds Max looking for "Someday" on his calendar and realizing if it did exist, it would surely be the busiest day of the week. Don't pass on the chance to share this tale of love and the importance of family. Illustrator Kevin O'Malley and author Denise Brennan-Nelson bring Someday to frolicking life by setting aside their somedays as the days to make a difference. Parents, teachers, family and friends can do the same by picking up the book and let that special little one in their life know that they are more important and every moment together is a gift to be cherished today.
- Dewey: E
- Graphics: Full-color illustrations
- Hardcover (9781585362431): 32 pages, 9 (w) x 9 (h), © 2005, 03/01/2005
- PDF (9781627531467): 32 pages, 9 (w) x 9 (h), © 2014, 08/15/2013
- Hosted ebook (9781627533737): 32 pages, 9 (w) x 9 (h), © 2014, 08/15/2013
- Suggested Interest Level: Age 6 - Age 9
- ATOS Reading Level: 2.9
- ATOS Interest Level: LG
- Accelerated Reader® Quiz: 87504
- Accelerated Reader® Points: 0.5
- JUVENILE FICTION / Social Themes / Emotions & Feelings (JUV039050)
- JUVENILE FICTION / Family / Multigenerational (JUV013030)
- JUVENILE FICTION / Concepts / Alphabet (JUV009010)
- NYSRA Suggested Reading List: Primary & Intermediate, Short-listed, 2008
- Foreword Chldren's Picture Book of the Year Finalist, Runner-up, 2006
- Writer's Notes Book Award Notable, Commended, 2006
- Children's Crown Gallery Award Nominee--a Children's Choice Award, Runner-up, 2006
- Mockingbird Reading List Finalist: Abiline Independent School District Children's Choice K-2, Runner-up, 2006
- Children's Choices (IRA/CBC), Winner, 2006
No editorial reviews found.
Author: Denise Brennan-Nelson
Denise Brennan-Nelson is a multi-award winning children’s book author and motivational speaker. She wrote her first children’s book, Buzzy the Bumblebee, after discovering that aeronautically, bumblebees should not be able to fly. She felt it was a wonderful way to inspire people to “bee-lieve” in themselves and their dreams. Other titles include Someday is Not a Day of the Week, a touching story about making time for what is really important in life; and Willow, chosen the Most Outstanding Children’s Book for 2009 by the Executive Committee of the Mom’s Choice Awards. Willow is the story of a little girl who colors outside the lines, thinks outside the box, and ends up awakening the creativity of her by-the-book art teacher. Denise also wrote J is for Jack-O’-Lantern: A Halloween Alphabet.
Illustrator: Kevin O'Malley
Kevin O’Malley is the illustrator of more than 50 books, including Lucky Leaf, Bud, Big Squeak, Little Squeak and Froggy went a-Courtin’. When he’s not drawing, he’s busy learning to be a jazz guitarist, which he says is not going well. Kevin lives in Baltimore, Maryland, with his wife, Dara, and their two boys.