H is for Home Run: A Baseball Alphabet
by Brad Herzog
Now anyone can be one of the "boys or girls of summer" and get a home plate view of America's favorite pastime in H is for Home Run: A Baseball Alphabet. This new offering in our line of children's alphabet books brings the game of baseball to entertaining and informative life. Sports writer Brad Herzog pairs easy-to-read rhymes with detailed expository so that readers are pitched baseball's facts, faces, history, and places from A-Z.
- Dewey: 796.356999999999
- Graphics: Full-color illustrations
- Hardcover (9781585362196): 40 pages, 11 (w) x 10 (h), © 2004, 03/19/2004
- Paperback (9781585364756): 40 pages, 11 (w) x 10 (h), © 2009, 03/06/2009
- PDF (9781627532044): 40 pages, © 2014, 08/15/2013
- Hosted ebook (9781627535281): 40 pages, © 2014, 08/15/2013
- Subject: Language Arts
- Series: Sports Alphabet
- Suggested Interest Level: Age 6 - Age 9
- ATOS Reading Level: 6.1
- ATOS Interest Level: MG
- Accelerated Reader® Quiz: 78604
- Accelerated Reader® Points: 1.0
No editorial reviews found.
Author: Brad Herzog
Brad Herzog lives on California’s Monterey Peninsula with his wife, Amy, and his two sons, Luke and Jesse. As a freelance writer, he has won several awards from the Council for the Advancement and Support of Education, including a Grand Gold Medal for best magazine article of the year. Brad has published more than two dozen books, including two memoirs about his travels through small-town America.
Illustrator: Melanie Rose
Melanie Rose’s charming and lively oil paintings brought Canada vividly to life in Mike Ulmer’s M is for Maple: A Canadian Alphabet. She has also illustrated Z is for Zamboni: A Hockey Alphabet and K is for Kick: A Soccer Alphabet. A graduate of the Ontario College of Art, Melanie lives in Mississauga, Canada, with her son.